Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
Purchase Webinar Listing
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDACafe Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Short Desc. :
IEEE802.3an 10GBASE-T LDPC decoder
The IEEE 802.3an LDPC Decoder core performs iterative decoding of channel data that has been encoded as described in the IEEE 802.3an standard.
The high throughput required from the decoder and the specific structure of the IEEE802.3an LDPC code require unique solutions in order to facilitate an efficient high throughput, low complexity and low power decoder core.
TurboBest's EEE802.3an LDPC decoder core is based on a proprietary algorithmic solution accompanied by a specifically tailored decoder architecture for the IEEE802.3an LDPC code. These provide a very efficient, low complexity and low power decoder core supporting the required high throughput.
The decoder implementation supports streaming mode with coded bit rate of 6400 Mbits/sec. The decoder implements a fixed point version of Belief Propagation (BP) decoding algorithm, providing negligible performance loss compared to a floating point implementation (less than 0.1dB).
- Based on a proprietary algorithmic solution.
- Novel architecture reaches very low gate count.
- Internal double buffer for continuous decoding with maximum efficiency.
- Programmable number of iterations, support resolution of 1/48 iteration.
- Internal convergence test stops the decoder when data is fully recovered (0 errors).
- Decoded data rate exceeds 6400 Mbit/s at 400-600 MHz clock frequency.
- Code synthesizable to ASIC 130nm/90nm technology or lower.
- BER of 1E-12 at 23.5dB with constant delay of 0.32 µsec.
© 2021 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 —
, or visit our other sites: