Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The Industry Standard Guide to Wire Bonding--Fully Updated
The definitive resource on the critical process of connecting semiconductors with their packages. Wire Bonding in Microelectronics, Third Edition, has been thoroughly revised to help you meet the challenges of today's small-scale and fine-pitch microelectronics. This authoritative guide covers every aspect of designing, manufacturing, and evaluating wire bonds engineered with cutting-edge techniques. In addition to gaining a full grasp of bonding technology, you'll learn how to create reliable bonds at exceedingly high yields, test wire bonds, solve common bonding problems, implement molecular cleaning methods, and much more.
- Ultrasonic bonding systems and technologies, including high-frequency systems
- Bonding wire metallurgy and characteristics, including copper wire
- Wire bond testing
- Gold-aluminum intermetallic compounds and other interface reactions
- Gold and nickel-based bond pad plating materials and problems
- Cleaning to improve bondability and reliability
- Mechanical problems in wire bonding
- High-yield, fine-pitch, specialized-looping, soft-substrate, and extreme-temperature wire bonds
- Copper, low-dielectric-constant (Cu/Lo-k) technology and problems
- Wire bonding process modeling and simulation
CD includes all of the book's full-color figures plus animations.