Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Discover How to Design, Build, and Optimize Customized Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for a Wide Variety of Uses
Both inspirational and practical, ASIC Design in the Silicon Sandbox offers electronics engineers a hands-on guide to mixed-signal circuits and layouts. The book provides a detailed roadmap for designing and building custom circuits that are optimized for target devices, providing enhanced functionality and lowered cost in finished products.
Written by circuit design expert Keith Elliott Barr, this complete resource covers everything from design and optimization methods to standard cell layouts to packaging and testing. Readers will find easy-to-apply information on peripheral circuits; specialty logic structures and memory; logic, binary mathematics, and processing; converters and switched-capacitor techniques; and much more. Filled with hundreds of helpful illustrations, ASIC Design in the Silicon Sandbox features:
- A wealth of full-color standard cell layouts
- Multiple approaches to amplifier, oscillator, bandgap, and other analog functions
- Down-to-earth information on integrated circuit fabrication costs
- Real-world advice on designing and optimizing custom integrated circuits
- Practical examples of how to think through new design concepts
- Step-by-step guidance on entering the fabless semiconductor industry
Inside This Cutting-Edge IC Design Reference• The Sandbox • Fabs and Processes • Economics • Design Tools • Standard Cell Design • Peripheral Circuits • Specialty Logic Structures and Memory • Logic, Binary Mathematics, and Processing • Analog Circuits: Amplifiers • The Bandgap Reference • Oscillators, Phase Locked Loops, and RF • Converts and Switched-Capacitor Techniques • Packaging and Testing • Odds and Ends