NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- Mar 29, 2013 -- IMSI®/Design, a pioneer in mobile solutions for AEC and the global leader in retail CAD, announced the release of TurboSite™ v1.2 for iPad™.
Included in TurboSite v1.2 is a collaborative way to video chat using Skype™ or FaceTime™. A first for an AEC site documentation product, this type of real-time interaction lets everyone on the design or construction team discuss critical issues in the field regardless of anyone's location.
Designed as the ultimate field and site survey mobile app, TurboSite reinvents the way every architect, engineer, and contractor will approach site visits and documentation.
TurboSite v1.2 includes:
- Skype and FaceTime Video Chat
- Box.com Cloud File Storage Support. Users signing up through Box.com with TurboSite will be allocated 10GB of free storage space
- Materials Support. 3D drawing files that have materials assigned to them can now be displayed. Material support includes color values, transparency, and lights
- AutoShape Revision Cloud. Smoothly create irregular shaped revision clouds such as L-shaped or practically any shape
- New AutoShape Tools. Draw and refine rectangles and polygons. Rotate, make parallel, create rhombus, grip edit to make corners 90 degrees. Ellipse grip to convert to circle
- Multiline Text. Create multiple lines of text for annotative markup objects including multiline textbox with leader
- HTML Publish Enhancements. Support for multiple layout sheets in DWG files
- Mark-up Enhancements: Snap to Objects, Rotation, and Control Points. Markup objects, including circle, cloud, rectangle, line, now have more control points including a magenta node for object rotation. Markup objects can now snap to other objects
- Text and Dimension Enhancements. 15 Degree Polar Rotation for more precise placement
- New DWFx Support
- Performance optimizations and fixes
- And more
Availability and Pricing
TurboSite v1.2 for iPad has a limited time introductory price of $499 (regularly $999) and is available now.
Free TurboSite Reader v1.2 is also available now.
Free TurboSite Reader contains most of the features in TurboSite, making it an excellent way to test drive the paid app for no cost
For more information, please visit www.TurboApps.com.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan™ families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2013 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI, TurboSite, GeoWalk, GeoNudge, SPS, GeoMark, TurboApps, and TurboCAD are trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. Apple, iPad, iPhone, FaceTime, and App Store are trademarks of Apple. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. DWG, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD LT are trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 Email Contact