August 01, 2013 – InterSpec Inc., the industry leading provider of BIM integrated construction specification software and services, has released e-SPECS v8.0 supporting a wider range of projects and BIM tools.
Expanding the list of CAD/BIM integrated applications, e-SPECS v8.0 now includes support for Autodesk Navisworks. As Architects, Engineers, and Contractors collaborate in Navisworks, specifications and other project files are integrated for intelligent access. Features include dynamic highlighting of materials in the Navisworks model based on specification section selected and updating of sections with as-built data.
Increasing the list of supported master specifications, e-SPECS v8.0 now includes e-SPECS for SpecsIntact for customer's managing the preparation of Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS) required on Department of Defense and NASA construction projects. SpecsIntact is a system for preparing standardized facility construction specifications used worldwide by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
The new e-SPECS Project Transfer functionality allows e-SPECS users to easily package their specifications, project files, BIM linkages, and more for transfer to another designer, owner, contractor or facility manager. The intelligent links enable the same viewing, red-lining, reporting and more enabling a more consistent and automated transfer of information to the next design, construction or asset management stage. Additionally, owners can develop prototype design kits for transfer to designers who then have the owner preferences with BIM integration and automation saving time and money throughout the Design, QA, Construction, and Facility Management phases with centralized design data, access to that data and collaboration tools built in.
Highlighted new e-SPECS v8.0 functionality includes:
e-SPECS Navisworks Plugin Console
- Direct transfer of intelligent links from Revit BIM Models to Navisworks Manage and Simulate Applications
- Access to all Specification Data, Project Files and Cut Sheets, Submittals, Installation Videos and more
- Select a Specification Section and see the Related Navisworks Objects Highlighted
- Facilitates Bidding, Estimating, Construction Admin and As-Built Documents
e-SPECS SpecsIntact (UFGS) Integration
- BIM Linked Specification Support for the NASA, NAVFAC and USACE Projects
- Import existing SpecsIntact Projects for Linking to BIM Models
- Transfer Projects to Owner with Intelligent Linkages
e-SPECS Project Transfer
- Transfer Customized Masters, Projects, BIM Integration, Reports, Project Files and More
- Facilitates Automated Data Flow from Owner -> Designers -> Contractors -> Facility Managers
- Engineering Consultants can Transfer Intelligent Specs, Keynotes, and Files Linked with CAD/BIM Models to Architects
e-SPECS Editing Enhancements
- Keep with next and Keep Lines Together Paragraph Format Options
- New Section Association to BIM Assemblies enables Save and Reuse of Associations Across Projects
- Default Master Checklist Tag Selections via Right-Click Enabling easy Identification of Section Preferences
- As a customer driven company, InterSpec would like to thank all the customers who provided enhancement and new feature requests as well as taking the time to submit software problem reports. All e-SPECS customers under software maintenance agreements will automatically receive the v8.0 upgrade instructions via email by mid-August.
InterSpec provides construction document management solutions and services built on its patented e-SPECS specification management technology. e-SPECS software automates the specification process by extracting the product and material requirements directly from the project’s BIM models and drawings. e-SPECS integrates directly with all Autodesk Revit-based BIM products as well as with Autodesk’s AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD Systems products and supports all libraries of MasterSpec®, US Dept of Veterans Affairs, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS), Canadian Master Specifications (CMS), National Master Specifications (NMS), and the ability to integrate custom office masters. For architects and engineers who spend many hours on every project preparing construction specifications, e-SPECS software saves time and money while ensuring that the construction drawings are coordinated with the specifications. For more information visit www.e-SPECS.com or contact sales at +1-207-772-6135 or email to Email Contact.