PMC Storage Experts Discuss the Latest Technologies to Accelerate Critical Data Center and Enterprise Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 30, 2014 — PMC® (NASDAQ: PMCS), the semiconductor and software solutions innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store big data, will present and exhibit at the Flash Memory Summit, Aug. 5-7, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Derek Dicker, vice president of PMC’s NVM Solutions Group, will present a keynote, “Software Defined Flash Solutions Herald an Era of Choice.” PMC storage experts will discuss the latest trends in PCI Express® (PCIe®), NVM Express (NVMe) and error correction that are shaping next-generation Solid-State Drives (SSDs) in forum sessions.
PMC’s booth #416 will feature live demonstrations of:
- A non-volatile memory solution achieving 10 million I/Os per second (IOPS) to accelerate mission-critical applications; and
- The PMC Flashtec™ NVMe Controller, showcasing the industry-leading performance of NVMe-based SSDs compared to SATA SSDs. PMC’s controller sets new performance and total-cost-of-ownership benchmarks for NVMe-based architectures in the enterprise and the data center.
Exhibit hours are 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on August 6, and 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on August 7.
- Tuesday, August 5, 1:30 – 2 p.m. (Keynote 3): Derek Dicker, VP of PMC’s NVM Solutions Group, will present “Software Defined Flash Solutions Herald an Era of Choice.”
- Monday, August 4, 1:00 – 6:30 p.m. (Pre-conference Seminar F): Peter Onufryk, senior director of product development, will present: “PCIe and NVMe Protocols and Architectures” and Kwok Kong, senior director of software engineering, will present “Software Ecosystem” in the Introduction to NVMe for Implementers seminar.
- Tuesday, August 5, 9:45 – 10:50 a.m. (Forum A-11): Peter Onufryk will present “NVMe Management Interface” in the NVMe and PCIe SSDs session.
- Tuesday, August 5, 9:45 – 10:50 a.m. (Forum C-11): Rahul Advani, director of flash products, will present “Enterprise SSD needs & the case for TLC” in the Enterprise SSDs session.
- Tuesday, August 5, 9:45 – 10:50 a.m. (Forum D-11): Stephen Bates, technical director, will present “Accelerating Data-Centers using NVMe and CUDA/OpenCL” in the Flash in Data Centers session.
- Tuesday, August 5, 3:15 – 4:25 p.m. (Forum A-12): David Allen, director of product marketing, will present “NVMe in the Real World” in the NVMe and PCIe SSDs session (continuation of Forum A-11).
- Tuesday, August 5, 7 – 8:30 p.m. (Beer, Pizza and Chat with the Experts): Join Stephen Bates at the Flash over Memory Interface table.
- Wednesday, August 6, 9:45 – 10:50 a.m. (Session 202-B): David Allen and other representatives of the SCSI Trade Association discuss “Scale-out Storage Solutions for Today and Tomorrow.”
- Wednesday, August 6, 4:40 – 5:45 p.m. (Forum E-22): Rino Micheloni, senior principal engineer, will present “Hardware/Software Co-simulation for Error-floor Detection in LDPC Codes” in the Controllers and Flash Technology, Part 2: Decoding the Future session.
- Thursday, August 7, 8:30 – 10:50 a.m. (Forum E-31): Stephen Bates will chair the “Flash Controller Design Options” session.
- Thursday, August 7, 9:45 – 10:50 a.m. (Forum I-31): Fabian Trumper, senior product marketing manager, will present “NVMe Beyond SSDs” in the PCIe Storage session.
PMC will be located in booth #416. For more information about PMC’s products, visit www.pmcs.com. Connect with PMC on our Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and follow us on Twitter at the show using hashtag #PMCFlashtec.
About Flash Memory Summit
Flash Memory Summit, produced by Conference ConCepts, showcases the
mainstream applications, key technologies, and leading vendors that are
driving the multi-billion-dollar non-volatile memory and SSD markets.
FMS is now the world’s largest event featuring the trends, innovations,
and influencers driving the adoption of flash memory in demanding
enterprise storage applications, as well as in smartphones, tablets, and
embedded systems. The 2014 event takes place on August 5-7 at the Santa
Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. For more