With the assurance of Wi-Fi certified interoperability, add low-power Wi-Fi to anything using the CC3100 and CC3200 Internet-on-a-chip™ solutionsDALLAS, Oct. 20, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announced today that its SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3100 and CC3200 devices, designed for the Internet of Things (IoT), are now Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ at the chip level. TI is the first company to have a chip achieve Wi-Fi Alliance® certification. This seal of approval validates that the CC3100 and CC3200 chips contain all the software and hardware features on-chip needed to interoperate with a Wi-Fi network, thus ensuring the chips are exceptionally easy to integrate into an IoT system. Customers can today order chip samples, a CC3200 LaunchPad evaluation kit or a CC3100 BoosterPack plug-in board to add embedded Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity to a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics products. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.
"We are excited to be the first silicon provider to achieve Wi-Fi certification at the chip level," said Amichai Ron, general manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI. "As an embedded Wi-Fi market leader, we continue to push the boundaries for our customers and can now offer SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 chips that meet the high standards of the Wi-Fi Alliance."
"We congratulate Texas Instruments on achieving Wi-Fi CERTIFIED status for the CC3100 and CC3200 solutions," said Wi-Fi Alliance CEO, Edgar Figueroa. "Wi-Fi provides robustness, interoperability and pervasive connectivity to IoT applications, and these solutions are an exemplary example of Wi-Fi advancements for the IoT."
What is SimpleLink Wi-Fi?
Introduced in early June, the CC3100 and CC3200 Internet-on-a-chip™ platform clears the way for new IoT products through features including:
- The industry's lowest power consumption for battery operated devices with a low power radio and advanced low power modes
- Flexibility to use any microcontroller (MCU) with the CC3100 solution or leverage the CC3200's integrated user-dedicated, programmable ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCU, allowing customers to add their own code.
- Easy development with quick connection, cloud support and on-chip Wi-Fi, Internet and robust security protocols, requiring no prior Wi-Fi experience to get a product connected.
- The ability to simply and securely connect their devices to Wi-Fi using a phone or tablet app or a web browser with multiple provisioning options including SmartConfig™ Technology, WAC, WPS and AP mode.
Pricing and availability:
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 solutions are available through TI eStore and TI authorized distributors:
- CC3100 and CC3200 are in production and are part of TI's free sample program.
TI's SimpleLink™ wireless connectivity portfolio
TI's SimpleLink portfolio of low power wireless connectivity solutions – wireless MCUs, wireless network processors (WNPs), RF transceivers and range extenders for the broad embedded market – makes it easier to develop and connect anything to the Internet of Things (IoT). Spanning over 14 standards and technologies including Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Bluetooth low energy, ZigBee®, Sub-1 GHz, 6LoWPAN and more, SimpleLink products help manufacturers add wireless connectivity to anything, to any design, for anyone. www.ti.com/wireless.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SimpleLink, Internet-on-a-chip, SmartConfig and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Allie Hopkins, Golin, 972-341-2551
Amy Szeto, Texas Instruments, 214-567-7513, a- Email Contact