New evaluation module features TI's smallest HD pico display chipset, resulting in brighter, more efficient displaysDALLAS, Nov. 6, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the availability of the DLP® LightCrafter™ Display 3010 evaluation module, a new developer tool that allows quick assessment of the DLP 0.3" (7.62 mm) TRP HD 720p video and data display chipset. The chipset is now available from TI authorized distributors and consists of a DLP3010 digital micromirror device (DMD), a DLPC3433/DLPC3438 display controller and a DLPA2005 LED driver for power management. For more information, visit www.ti.com/dlp3010evm.
Key features and benefits of the DLP LightCrafter Display 3010 evaluation module:
- Quick assessment of the 0.3" TRP HD 720p display chipset which can speed the product development cycle.
- Standard HDMI-input interface offers plug-and-play functionality with various devices.
- Simple-to-use, USB-based GUI allows for efficient, real-time chipset configuration.
- 50-pin board-to-board connector which enables direct interface with a broad range of optical engines.
- Equipped with a production-quality optical engine and RGB LEDs.
Key features and benefits of the ultra-low power DLP 0.3" TRP HD 720p display chipset:
- Contains TI's smallest, most power-efficient, high-definition micromirror array.
- Generate HD displays from compact electronics, including: standalone battery-powered projectors; near-eye displays; after-market head up displays; low latency gaming displays; and interactive free-form displays.
- Fast switching speeds of up to 5400 times per second enable the world's smallest, true-color RGB engines capable of up to 120-Hz video performance.
- Features TI's proprietary DLP TRP architecture and adaptive DLP IntelliBright™ suite of algorithms that can deliver up to 100 percent higher brightness or up to 50 percent lower power consumption than previous DLP Pico™ chipset architectures.
- DLP TRP architecture delivers twice the resolution of its same-size predecessor1.
To accelerate developers' ability to bring their innovative products to market, TI maintains the most extensive ecosystem of pico optical engine manufacturers in the industry, eliminating the need for developers to have their own optics expertise. For more details, please contact a member of the DLP ecosystem of leading pico optical engine manufacturers.
Availability and package
The DLP LightCrafter Display 3010 evaluation module is available in the TI eStore. Available now from TI authorized distributors, the DLP3010 DMD is available in a 57-pin FQK package. The DLPC3433 is available in a 176-pin VFBGA package, and the DLPC3438 is available in a 201-pin VFBGA package. The DLPA2005 is available in a 48-pin QFN package.
Tools and support
- Download the TI reference design for the DLP LightCrafter Display 3010 evaluation module to kick-start a custom hardware design.
- View a video of the DLP LightCrafter Display 3010 evaluation module.
Find out more about DLP Pico technology by visiting the below links:
- Read TI's new near-eye display white paper.
- Visit the " Getting Started" page to begin working with DLP Pico technology.
- See example applications enabled by DLP Pico technology in a video.
- Check out the TI E2E community to search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
- View a list of DLP optical engine manufacturers.
About Texas Instruments DLP Products
Since 1996, award-winning TI DLP technology has powered the world's top display devices to deliver high-resolution images rich with color, contrast, clarity and brightness for a wide range of applications, including industrial, automotive, medical and consumer markets. DLP technology is being used in movie theatres (DLP Cinema® products) and large-scale, professional venues and conference rooms, classrooms and home theaters. With mobile devices enabled by DLP Pico™ technology, users have the ability to display images from the palm of their hand. Every DLP chipset features an array of microscopic mirrors that switch on and off up to ten thousand times per second. To learn more, please visit www.ti.com/dlp or follow TI DLP technology on Twitter at @TI_DLP.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
DLP and DLP Cinema are registered trademarks, and DLP Pico, IntelliBright and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
1 DLP3010 has greater than 2x the resolution of DLP3000.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Kevin Walters, Texas Instruments, 214.479.0740
Tracy Calabrese, Golin, 972.341.2518
Email Contact (Please do not publish these numbers or e-mail addresses.)