May 5, 2015 -- Recent ARM News Highlights
- NEW: ARM has revealed more Cortex-A72 processor details. Check out the latest performance data and architectural details here. If you would like to receive a more comprehensive deck with this info or would like a briefing, please reply and request;
- NEW: ARM, Applied Micro and Netzyn announced a new vSTB platform utilizing NFV;
- NEW: ARM and Enea collaborate on new OPNFV platform. A demonstration will take place at this week’s NFV World Congress;
- ICYMI: ARM expects vehicle compute performance to increase 100x in next decade;
- ICYMI: Recent ARM Bluetooth-related acquisitions to form the basis of new product family – ARM Cordio. Cordio is the ARM family of standards-based, low-power radio IP solutions. Read more details about ARM Cordio here.
Updates on recent ARM server deployments and ecosystem
- China’s Alibaba Group joined Linaro to accelerate development of software for ARM servers. Alibaba Group’s infrastructure carries the world’s largest e-commerce systems.
- University of Utah selected ARM-based HP Moonshot servers for its CloudLab facility. Check out what Robert Ricci from Utah’s CloudLab had to say about the their use of Applied Micro/ARM-based servers in this 90 second video.
- PayPal recently completed its second installation of ARM servers for use in real-time data analysis. You can see the data below or download the ARM roadshow deck and see slide 22.
New to the ARM Connected Community – Licensing and implementation, Open Data Plane
- Ever wanted to know how exactly ARM partners can innovate around ARM cores and instruction sets? Brian Jeff lays it out nicely in this blog.
- New white paper on OpenDataPlane (ODP), a standardized data plane API that can be used to support Linux-based network applications across the array of silicon architectures and hardware/software configurations.
The ARM Innovation Hub is now live!
The ARM Innovation Hub is your new resource that spotlights some of the latest products for IoT, wearables and other mobile applications that utilize ARM IP. Take a look and tell us what you think. Products in the spotlight this week include:
- MobiCuff – an adapter that converts a blood pressure cuff into a smartphone blood pressure monitor
- SimPrints – pocket-sized fingerprint scanner linking a person’s fingerprint to their health records
- Automatic – smartphone enabled driving assistant provides drivers with feedback that help them drive safer
- Lantern – a free content-distribution system to provide vast libraries of knowledge that can help societies with agriculture, education and health
Director of Tech PR and AR, ARM
Cell: +1 512 694 7382
Office: +1 512 330 1844
ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782
Follow ARM on Twitter