ARC's Cloud-Based Document Management Solution for Construction Projects Is Now Faster, Better, and More Agile Reflecting Customer Feedback
Jul 30, 2015 -- ARC Document Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: ARC) ("ARC"), a leading document solutions provider for the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry, today announced an upgrade to SKYSITE™, its cloud-based, B2B, enterprise-level, document management and distribution solution for the construction industry. Enhancements include a more responsive and dynamic viewer with faster load times, new hyperlinking capabilities that make navigation quicker and easier within digital document sets, and improved capabilities for distributing digital documents with markups to construction team members.
"We are continually innovating around customer needs," said Dilo Wijesuriya, Chief Operating Officer of ARC Document Solutions. "Our latest updates make it easier and faster for our customers to view and navigate through hundreds or even thousands of documents, synchronize them in real-time, and enable superior communication and collaboration with improved mark-up capabilities. With SKYSITE, our customers will be able to get more work done and be more efficient while doing it."
Several months of collaboration with customers, partners, and industry experts led to the following enhancements to SKYSITE's performance and usability:
- Tile-Based Viewer: SKYSITE's improved viewer is faster and provides crystal clear, high definition views of drawings and easier document navigation.
- Hyperlinking Enabled: SKYSITE seamlessly supports hyperlinks on tablets and desktops, maintaining the integrity of hyperlinks from user to user, and from platform to platform. Pre-existing hyperlinks created in other markup software remain functional in the SKYSITE cloud, and across various devices allowing customers to use different software tools interchangeably.
- Hyperlinking Creation: Hyperlinks can be created directly in the SKYSITE mobile and cloud applications.
- Markup Downloads: Mark-ups are available upon their creation in real-time. Users can download documents along with all markups directly from the viewer. This facilitates real-time communication between the project site, designers and the construction managers.
- Faster Search: Document searches are quicker and more precise with filters including projects, folders, files, and even document metadata.
"We are pleased with SKYSITE's increased functionality," said Sheldon Oxner, CEO, National Commercial Builders of Lenexa, KS, "The syncing between devices, the faster load times, the increased search capabilities and document hyperlinking have been very beneficial to our productivity. ARC has done a great job of responding to the evolving needs of the construction industry."
SKYSITE is a cloud-based, enterprise-level, document management solution for the construction industry. With the SKYSITE solution, users can view, manage, distribute, and collaborate on construction documents in real time with secure access available on any mobile or desktop device. By working over the cloud, users with tablets and other mobile devices can view project documents on devices that are small and light enough to fit into a tool bag, and desktop users can manage, and distribute documents in more than 100 different file types. Please follow and engage with SKYSITE on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
ARC Document Solutions
ARC Document Solutions (NYSE: ARC) is a leading document solutions company serving businesses of all types, with an emphasis on the non-residential segment of the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. The company helps more than 90,000 customers reduce costs and increase efficiency in the use of their documents, improve document access and control, and offers a wide variety of ways to print, produce, and store documents. ARC provides its solutions onsite in more than 8,000 of its customers' offices, offsite in service centers around the world, and digitally in the form of proprietary software and web applications. Please follow and engage with ARC on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter.
SKYSITE and ARC DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ARC Document Solutions and/or its subsidiaries.