Herndon, Virginia (November 5, 2015) - Skyline Software Systems Inc., is pleased to announce the formal product release of PhotoMesh v6.6.1, an all-new Skyline product developed from the ground up based on the latest state-of-the-art technologies. PhotoMesh v6.6.1 fully automates the generation of high-resolution, textured, 3D mesh models from standard 2D photographs, offering a significant reduction in cost and time compared to traditional modeling methods. PhotoMesh’s breakthrough technology is based on the highest-performance photogrammetry, computer vision, and computational geometry algorithms. Combining any number of photographs, in a wide range of formats and resolutions, PhotoMesh generates highly-detailed 3D models that can be viewed and queried using TerraExplorer or other 3D and GIS products.
PhotoMesh can run its efficient algorithms fluidly on standard, low-cost GPUs, or exploit computer clusters and cloud computing to accelerate database creation. A single project can run simultaneously on hundreds of fuser machines, processing hundreds of km2 per day.
PhotoMesh 6.6.1 features many powerful capabilities, including:
- Generation of a full-3D mesh model that faithfully reproduces even small-scale details such as cars, trees, fences, and walls
- Powerful engines, which can handle enormous quantities of input and output data
- An elaborate tiling mechanism that enables efficient handling of massive quantities of input imagery
- Support for network fusers, which dramatically accelerates processing time by enabling multiple computers to share the processing load
- Powerful compression algorithms that avoid any unwanted loss of geometric accuracy
- Advanced color balancing, high-quality texturing
- Seamless fusion of multi-resolution source data
- Production of dense point clouds with detailed color information that can be used in most point cloud analysis software
- Creation of 3D mesh models with level-of-detail and paging directly compatible with Skyline’s TerraExplorer viewer
- Export of PhotoMesh’s 3D models in various multi-resolution 3D formats (3DML, OSGB DAE, OBJ, and PLY), ensuring full interoperability with 2D/3D GIS solutions
- Generation of true-orthophotos and DSM compatible with all standard GIS tools
- Merging of mesh model with classification information to fully enable spatial and attribute queries
“We’re very excited by the release of our first Skyline-made PhotoMesh product,” said Arik Katz, senior vice president of engineering at Skyline. “It is an innovative, industry leading product that will make it even easier for our users to automatically process massive quantities of input imagery into consistent, highly accurate 3D models. This tool will be essential for quickly updating data in our fast-changing world. The new PhotoMesh is another fine example of how Skyline works with our customer base to effectively meet their current and future needs.”
For more information about Skyline and PhotoMesh 6.6.1, visit www.SkylineGlobe.com
About Skyline Software Systems, Inc.
Skyline Software Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of 3D earth visualization software and services. The company offers a comprehensive platform of applications, tools and services that enable the creation and dissemination of interactive, photo-realistic 3D environments. Skyline technology works on any platform including desktops, wireless handheld devices and in-vehicle systems and over any type of network, including secure intranets, private extranets and the Internet. Skyline is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.