"CertainTeed's long-standing commitment to manufacturing a wide breadth of high performance, sustainable building materials fully aligns with my philosophy of smart home renovation and passion for helping homeowners get the most value out of their biggest investment," Scott said.
With the 11th season of Income Property premiering in 2016, the internationally renowned real estate investor, contractor, author and educator, will continue his quest to assist homeowners by building income rental suites to help them afford their mortgages. In each episode, Scott evaluates, plans, and executes renovations by presenting homeowners with two state-of-the-art plan options, enhanced by CGI and three-dimensional animation. The final scenes reveal a beautifully staged income suite and the increased home equity data.
"Scott McGillivray is the definition of a Canadian success story; an astute real estate investor, skilled contractor and accomplished entrepreneur who shares our passion for sustainable innovation and the importance of taking a holistic, structural approach when remodeling a space," said Mara Villanueva-Heras, vice president of corporate marketing for CertainTeed Corporation. "We are fortunate to partner with such a respected and trusted resource to help us create greater awareness of the high performance and stylish solutions CertainTeed offers North American homeowners."
Scott will have his pick of CertainTeed's extensive selection of ceiling, gypsum and mold prevention products, as well as roofing, housewrap, siding, trim, railing and fence products to beautifully remodel each show's unique home projects. A sampling of his choices include:
- AirRenew® IAQ Drywall – Specially designed to offer a healthier living environment by improving indoor air quality and offering peace of mind for generations, AirRenew uses proprietary technology to absorb formaldehyde and convert it into safe inert compounds. Once captured in the board, the chemicals cannot be released back into the air.
- Forticel™ Mold Prevention Coating – A spray applied mold inhibitor for use on interior wall studs and wood framing.
- Membrain™ Smart Vapor Retarder – A revolutionary product that not only blocks moisture from entering, but also adapts permeability to allow excess moisture to escape from wall cavities, helping to reduce the potential for mold growth and other moisture-related problems.
- Performa® Fine Fissured Ceiling Panels – A mineral fiber panel with a 100 percent non-directional fissured pattern that comes in a variety of edge details and panel sizes, offering best-in-class value and performance. The VOC-compliant product is high-humidity and sag resistant.
- Landmark® PRO Asphalt Roofing Shingles – Engineered to outperform ordinary roofing in every category, Landmark PRO is available in a palette of Max Def colors that feature a rich mixture of surface granules for a brighter, more dramatic appearance. Heavier than traditional laminate shingles, and backed with a transferable lifetime limited warranty, Landmark PRO will keep a home comfortable and protected for years. The shingles are a key component of the CertainTeed Integrity Roof System™, comprised of underlayments, shingles, accessory products, and ventilation all working together to provide optimum performance.
- Cedar Impressions® Polymer Shake and Shingle Siding – All the rugged charm of cedar without the high cost and maintenance, Cedar Impressions enhances a home's look with the elegant, yet subtle appearance of finely crafted cedar shingles in half-round, staggered, or straight edge styles. More than 30 color options are available in three authentic TrueTexture™ finishes.
- Restoration Millwork® Cellular PVC Trim – Available in TrueTexture™ woodgrain and smooth finishes and featuring UV resistance, Restoration Millwork cuts and mills with traditional woodworking tools and fastens with nails or screws.
- Vinyl Carpentry™ – The most complete siding accessory line in the industry, Vinyl Carpentry includes window and door trim, corner systems, accents, wall and soffit transitions and functional trim such as j-channels and starter strips. Choosing the proper accessories can guarantee optimum performance, design flexibility, and aesthetic enhancement to create eye-catching curb appeal.
- CertaWrap™ Weather Resistant Barrier – A housewrap that provides an added layer of protection against air and moisture damage, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs by preventing air infiltration and leakage through gaps, cracks or holes.
- EverNew® Kingston Vinyl Railing System – Available in White, Almond or Clay, it offers classic wood styling in a durable, low-maintenance classic broad-loaf design for both top and bottom rails with a choice of square or traditional balusters in two heights and two lengths.
- Bufftech® Vinyl Fence – Manufactured from premium quality polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for exceptional impact strength and UV resistance, Bufftech will not rot, warp, split or splinter. Its easy-care privacy or picket design comes in a variety of heights and leads the industry in colors, styles and textures including smooth, woodgrain and stucco finishes; and is backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Scott will make his first public appearance with CertainTeed from 11-12 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2 at the Construct Canada trade show, exhibit hall booth #702 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Attendees are encouraged to stop by meet Scott, take a selfie, and post it to social media with the hashtag #CertainTeedSelfie for a chance to win a signed copy of his latest book, "How to Add Value to Your Home."
Income Property airs in more than 30 international markets and broadcasts on the DIY Network and HGTV in the U.S. and Canada. Check local listings for a complete schedule, visit www.scottmcgillivray.com, or follow Scott on Facebook.com/everythingscottmcgillivray and Twitter.com/smcgillivray - @smcgillivray.
For more information about CertainTeed, visit www.certainteed.com.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, and celebrating its 350th anniversary, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For seven consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2015 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2014. www.certainteed.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scott-mcgillivray-host-of-hit-tv-series-income-property-teams-up-with-certainteed-300185499.html
For more information contact: Victoria Gallagher, CertainTeed, 610-893-6002
Email Contact www.certainteed.com/pressroom