Amasses More Than 3,000 Customers and a Staggering $3 Billion in Cumulative Revenues in Less Than Three Years
HOPKINTON, Mass., Oct. 11, 2016 — (PRNewswire) —
- More than 3,000 customers have purchased XtremIO All-Flash storage arrays worldwide
- More than US$3 billion in cumulative XtremIO revenues in less than three years in the market
- Customers such as CNA, Vestas and The Boston Red Sox choose XtremIO over All-Flash competitors
Dell EMC today announced that the XtremIO All-Flash Array ( AFA) has surpassed another set of customer and revenue milestones, with EMC (now part of Dell EMC) further solidifying its position as the All-Flash market leader, amassing a 40% revenue share according to IDC, nearly 2.5x its nearest competitor.
Since its November 2013 debut, XtremIO sales have continued to outpace every competitor, accumulating more than 3,000 customers and US$3 billion in total sales in less than three years, further validating its market share leadership and place as quite possibly the fastest-growing enterprise storage product ever.
Customers including CNA, Vestas and The Boston Red Sox are choosing XtremIO as a key component in their modern data center strategies because of its capabilities to deliver consistent and predictable performance with sub-millisecond latencies. XtremIO arrays are purpose-built for accelerating and consolidating mixed block storage workloads such as databases, analytics, server virtual machines and virtual desktop infrastructures. It offers a scale-out architecture with always-on, always-inline data services with some of the industry's best inline data compression and de-duplication capabilities. It also features integrated Copy Data Management ( iCDM) to help customers accelerate and improve productivity for the business and in their IT organization.
Dell EMC also recently announced important software updates that extend XtremIO application integration and management features for both VMware and Microsoft virtualized environments.
"XtremIO's staggering market momentum is validation from customers of the product's class-leading capabilities for accelerating and consolidating mixed block storage workloads in modern data centers," said Dan Inbar, SVP and GM, XtremIO, Dell EMC. "Our customers tell us they deploy XtremIO because 'it just works' to deliver consistent and predictable sub-millisecond performance for their IOPS-hungry application workloads. As a jewel in the Dell EMC All-Flash storage portfolio, we're excited to continue developing XtremIO to address an even broader set of enterprise workloads and use cases that can benefit from the product's unique All-Flash architecture."
Notable customers that have recently embraced XtremIO All-Flash storage arrays for their enterprise workloads include:
- CNA, eighth largest US commercial insurance writer, has chosen XtremIO as the platform to manage all of its production and pre-production storage. All-Flash XtremIO storage arrays will help CNA to stay nimble as it copes with the rapidly expanding volumes of information generated as a result of both technology modernization and transformation of Digital, Underwriting and Analytics.
- Vestas Wind Systems, the largest wind turbine company in the world, expands its data solution with Dell EMC and replaces a legacy infrastructure with XtremIO to ensure they continue to help deliver best-in-class wind energy solutions. Vestas has the wind industry's largest data library that builds on over 50,000 turbines they have installed in 75 countries. This unrivalled data pool includes more than 16 years of meteorological data from all over the world, as well as information from 50 million sensors that send turbine performance data every minute.
- Boston Red Sox, an American professional baseball team based in Boston, Massachusetts and winner of eight World Series championships, has selected XtremIO All-Flash arrays to manage both its business and baseball environments. With XtremIO, the Red Sox gain rapid and reliable access to business intelligence, to improve the fan experience, and baseball analytics to give them the edge they need on the diamond.
The Dell EMC All-Flash Storage Strategy
Led by the momentum of XtremIO, Dell EMC offers the world's broadest portfolio of All-Flash storage, with multiple platforms each designed to address a multitude of small to large enterprise needs for consolidated and mixed workloads and the world's most performance-intensive enterprise applications.
While competitors advocate that customers shouldn't have a need for more than one All-Flash storage architecture to run all workloads, the Dell EMC All-Flash portfolio strategy is being validated by widespread market adoption. Dell EMC All-Flash storage arrays are purpose-built to address specific workloads and designed to address virtually any enterprise data center use case.
XtremIO Customer Quote:
Ray Oral, CIO, CNA Financial Corporation
"We are continually discovering new sources of data that enhance our ability to make better decisions regarding our business. We need to make sure that information is secure, can be rapidly accessed and scaled to meet our increasing needs. Working in a highly regulated industry, we can't afford to have anything go wrong which is one of the reasons we selected XtremIO. We have had a long standing relationship with EMC and appreciate how its evergreen architecture has helped us painlessly evolve to increasingly better technology as it is introduced."
Lars Chr. Christensen, vice president plant solutions, Vestas Technology & Service Solutions
"We wanted to transform our data warehouse infrastructure with a modern solution that not only provided consistent and high performance, but also supported agile development, so that we could realize faster development sprints - and provide faster analytics response to support our Service and O&M business. The wind systems data that we collect, store, and analyze is mission-critical to the success of our business so we chose Dell EMC's XtremIO All-Flash arrays as our storage platform. We are excited about expanding the relationship with Dell EMC, which started in 2015 with the Isilon-based infrastructure for our Vestas Mindstorm supercomputer environment, turning Big Data into Big Business."
Brian Shield, vice president, information technology, Boston Red Sox
"We place a huge emphasis on achieving a 360 degree understanding of our fans. Our XtremIO All-Flash arrays store data from our front office systems, including everything from Customer Warehousing Data, CRM, sales systems and finance applications to Business Intelligence and Analytics. This gives us a more complete picture of our fans and ensures that we can offer them the best experience possible. Just as important on the field, XtremIO provides the Red Sox with rapid access to baseball analytics, scouting information, as well as player performance and medical data, which help us find the incremental gains that can put us ahead. Analyzing and acting upon this big data is key to our team's performance. Our relationship with Dell EMC enables us to continue to hit it out of the park."
- Related News: Dell EMC Introduces VMAX 250F – Enterprise-Class All-Flash Storage with Game-Changing Economics
- Related News: Dell EMC Unity Increases Efficiency And Lowers All-Flash Costs By 4X… For Free
- Related News: Dell EMC Brings the Power of Flash and Cloud Tiering to Industry's #1 Protection Storage
- Related News Blog: " Dell EMC DSSD D5: Enterprise Analytics - Let the Transformation Begin"
- Social: Join the conversation by following @DellEMCNews, @DellEMC @DellEMCXtremIO
- XtremIO: Learn more about XtremIO All-Flash storage for accelerating consolidated and mixed enterprise workloads
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of
Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.