Leti Will also Present Three Papers & Two Workshops on 5G Communications IC Design, from RF to mm-Wave, During IMS 2017 and RFIC 2017 in Hawaii
GRENOBLE, France – May 24, 2017 – Leti, a technology research institute of CEA Tech, will demonstrate the world’s first wireless transceiver dedicated to ultra-narrow band (UNB) communication at the joint conferences of IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC 2017) and the International Microwave Symposium (IMS 2017) in Honolulu, Hawaii, June 4-9.
UNB is an enabling technology for low-cost and low-power wide-area (LPWA) networks. It is one of the core technologies employed by IoT network providers such as Sigfox and Telensa. Based on spectrally efficient modulations such as differential binary phase-shift keying (DBPSK) and Gaussian frequency-shift keying (GFSK), UNB simultaneously optimizes network capacity and maximizes the communication link budget.
Known as Foxy, the single-chip sub-GHz transceiver developed by Leti is a 65nm CMOS device that pushes UNB technology beyond state of the art. It can achieve unprecedented bandwidths of 100 Hz, even while doubling the power efficiency of the downlink.
“Foxy enables marginal cost, event-based, massive IoT applications, such as those that require millions of low-complexity nodes,” said Thierry Collette, head of Architecture, IC Design & Embedded Software division, Leti. “It also enables complex IoT scenarios that require long node lifetimes.”
In addition, Leti will present its latest developments in IC design dedicated to 5G communications in five talks during the IMS and RFIC conferences.
- José Luis Gonzalez will present Leti’s results on “Non-invasive mmW Built-in Test Techniques” at the 5G mm-Wave IC Front-end Co-Design with Antenna, Packaging and Testing for Future SOC Solutions workshop (WSC) on Sunday, June 4, from 8 am to 5 pm (Leti’s talk is WSC-7)
- Ayssar Serhan will present a paper, “A Fully-integrated SOI CMOS Complex-impedance Detector for Matching Network Tuning in LTE Power Amplifier” (100-4) on Sunday, June 4, during the Interactive Forum from 7:30 to 9:30 pm.
- Alexandre Giry will present Leti’s tunable power amplifiers on RF-SOI technology and front-end module solutions during the Front End Module (FEM) for 5G workshop (WME) on Monday, June 5 (Leti’s talk is WME-4).
- Florian Voineau (ST-Leti) will present apaper entitled “Broadband 55-95 GHz Microstrip to Waveguide Transition Based on a Dialectric Tip and a Tapered Double-ridged Waveguide Section” (WE1B-5) during the Transmission Lines and Transitions session (WE1B) on Wednesday, June 7, from 9:20 to 9:30 am.
- Frédéric Hameau will present a paper entitled “A Highly Linear Bidirectional Phase Shifter Based on Vector Modulator for 60 GHz Applications” (TH3F-2) during the Millimeter-wave and Terahertz CMOS Circuit Techniques Session on Thursday, June 8, 1:30 to 3:10 pm
Leti will demo the UNB transceiver and organize meetings with experts at IMS booth #1937 from June 6-8, 2017.
About Leti (France)
Leti, a technology research institute at CEA Tech, is a global leader in miniaturization technologies enabling smart, energy-efficient and secure solutions for industry. Founded in 1967, Leti pioneers micro-& nanotechnologies, tailoring differentiating applicative solutions for global companies, SMEs and startups. Leti tackles critical challenges in healthcare, energy and digital migration. From sensors to data processing and computing solutions, Leti’s multidisciplinary teams deliver solid expertise, leveraging world-class pre-industrialization facilities. With a staff of more than 1,900, a portfolio of 2,700 patents, 91,500 sq. ft. of cleanroom space and a clear IP policy, the institute is based in Grenoble, France, and has offices in Silicon Valley and Tokyo. Leti has launched 60 startups and is a member of the Carnot Institutes network. This year, the institute celebrates its 50th anniversary. Visit www.leti.fr/en and follow us on @CEA_Leti.
CEA Tech is the technology research branch of the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), a key player in innovative R&D, defence & security, nuclear energy, technological research for industry and fundamental science, identified by Thomson Reuters as the second most innovative research organization in the world. CEA Tech leverages a unique innovation-driven culture and unrivalled expertise to develop and disseminate new technologies for industry, helping to create high-end products and provide a competitive edge.
+33 6 74 93 23 47