Dr. Xiaobo Sharon Hu, Professor at University of Notre Dame to serve as General Chair
LOUISVILLE, Colo. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 20, 2017 — The Design Automation Conference (DAC), the premier conference devoted to the design and design automation of electronic systems, has named the members of the 55th DAC Executive Committee. The Executive Committee (EC) oversees the exhibition and trade show, plans the technical program, establishes new initiatives, and manages conference operations and publicity. The 55th DAC will be held at Moscone Center West in San Francisco, CA from June 24 - 28, 2018.
Dr. Xiaobo Sharon Hu (Sharon), will serve as the general chair for the 55th DAC. Dr. Hu is a professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana. Her research interests include low-power system design, circuit and architecture design with emerging technologies, embedded and cyber-physical systems, and hardware/software co-design. She has published over 300 papers and holds 6 U.S. patents. She received the NSF Career Award, the Best Paper Award from the Design Automation Conference (DAC) in 2001 and from the IEEE Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures in 2009. One of her papers was selected as The Most Influential Papers of 10 Years by Design, Automation, and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), 2007. She was the Program Chair of DAC in 2016 and TPC Co-Chair of DAC 2014 and 2015. She also served as Associate Editor for several IEEE and ACM journals and is a Fellow of the IEEE.
“For over 55 years DAC has been the event for the electronic design and design automation community and I am honored to be selected as General Chair. Over the next year, I look forward to working with this talented group of volunteers to create a program that showcases breakthroughs and deep insights in not only DAC’s traditional topic areas but also new areas such as Machine Learning and AI,” said Sharon Hu, General Chair of the 55th DAC Executive Committee.
Dr. Hu has selected a diverse group of volunteers from across the semiconductor, design, research, embedded systems, intellectual property and electronic design automation (EDA) industries to join her on the 2018 Executive Committee. The 55th DAC Executive Committee members are:
- Vice Chair – Robert Aitken, ARM, Inc.
- Finance Chair – Patrick Groeneveld, Cadence Design Systems
- Conference Program Chair – Valeria Bertacco, University of Michigan
- Technical Program Chair – Anand Raghunathan, Purdue University
- Panel Chair – Harry Foster, Mentor, A Siemens Business
- Special Sessions Chair - Naehyuck Chang, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
- Tutorial Chair – Vivek De, Intel Corp.
- Designer Track Chair – Zhuo Li, Cadence Design Systems
- Designer Track Vice Chair – Renu Mehra, Synopsys, Inc.
- Design Track Vice Chair – Robert Oshana, NXP Semiconductors, Inc.
- IP Track Chair – Claude Moughanni, Lattice Semiconductor
- New Initiative Chair – Anne Cirkel, Mentor, A Siemens Business
- New Initiative Chair – Chris Rowen, Cognite Ventures
- Industry/Exhibition Chair – Rob van Blommstein, Oski Technology
- Publicity/Marketing Chair – Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Communications
- Past Chair – Michael “Mac” McNamara, Adapt -IP
- ACM SIGDA Representative – Vijaykrishnan Narayanan, Pennsylvania State University
- ESDA Representative – Graham Bell, Uniquify, Inc.
- IEEE/CEDA Representative – David Atienza, EPFL
To help drive specific topic areas, Dr. Hu has also invited the following top researchers from both industry and academia to serve as Special Focus Committee Chairs:
- Joe D’Ambrosio, General Motors
- Dirk Ziegenbein, Robert Bosch, GmbH
- Robert Dick, University of Michigan
- Jian Li, Huawei Technologies
- Gert Cauwenberghs, University of California, San Diego
- Yuan Xie, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Ryan Kastner, University of California, San Diego
- Mark Tehranipoor, University of Florida
- Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Technische Universitat Darmstadt