MAX14878/79/80 increases uptime with ±54V fault protection and industry-leading ±15kV ESDSAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 13, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — Designers can ensure robust communication and improve uptime for industrial systems with the MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880 2.75kV and 5kV family of isolated controller area network (CAN) transceivers from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Information about MAX14878: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX14878
- Information about MAX14879: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX14879
- Information about MAX14880: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX14880
- Download a block diagram: http://bit.ly/Maxim_Block_Diagram_MAX14878_79_80
Nowadays, CAN is widely deployed in various industrial applications. Operators face several challenges, as they require integrated isolation and a robust interface to withstand noisy environments. In addition, they risk communication failures through faults/shorts on the transceiver inputs, system robustness against electrostatic discharge (ESD) strikes, and large ground shifts in industrial environments.
The family of high-speed transceivers integrates up to 5kV integrated galvanic isolation with fault protection and ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD to increase uptime in harsh and noisy environments. They operate up to the maximum high-speed CAN data rate of 1Mbps and feature ±54V fault protection on receiver inputs. Available in industry-compatible pin-outs, the transceivers are packaged in a wide-body 16-pin SOIC package with 8mm of creepage and clearance and operate over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range.
Robust communications increase uptime:
- Up to 5kV integrated galvanic isolation; UL1577 certified
- ±54V fault protection
- ±15kV HBM ESD
- "This family of isolated transceivers provides the highest level of ESD protection for our customers," said Jeff DeAngelis, Managing Director of Business Management at Maxim Integrated. "Designers can easily upgrade their systems through integrated features that increase uptime with robust communication."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880 are available at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors for $2.90 (1000-up, FOB USA)
- The MAX14880EVKIT# evaluation kit is available for $100; evaluates MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880
- To learn more about Maxim's transceivers, including the MAX14883E with selectable polarity, visit https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/interface/transceivers.html
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxims-isolated-can-transceivers-ensure-robust-communications-for-industrial-systems-300570375.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
|Company Name: Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.