June 19, 2018 - In recognition of the importance of university research to the advancement of design, automation and test, and to encourage young researchers to work in the field, EDAA has established an award for outstanding Ph.D. dissertations in 4 categories:
Topic 1 – New directions in software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical and secure systems.
Topic 2 – New directions in system-on-chip platforms co-design, novel architectures and system-level management.
Topic 3 – New directions in logic, physical design and CAD for analog/mixed-signal, nano-scale and emerging technologies.
Topic 4 – New directions in safety, reliability, security-aware hardware design, validation and test
In each category, one award can be given. Each award consists of a 1000 € prize and certificate. The awards will be presented at the DATE 2019 conference, where the awardees need to be present.
- Eligible are all Ph.D. dissertations which have been defended in the last 2 years before the submission deadline. The total reporting time should not be more than 5 years since the starting of the PhD that should clearly be stated in the applicant CV.
- Nominations shall be submitted electronically and shall contain:
- an indication of the category (one only);
- an extended statement (PDF format) explaining the outstanding contributions of the thesis;
- the PhD Thesis, preferably in English (PDF format);
A thesis which is written in a language other than English must be accompanied by sufficient published material in English so that the jury can judge the contributions and quality of the PhD work,
-a CV and a list of related publications.
- Nominations shall be supported by at least 3 reference letters of experts in the respective fields, with at least one reference letter from a different university. Reference letters need to be submitted to the website and must carry the name of the candidate in the filename.
- Awardees must be present at DATE 2019 to receive the Award.
- SPRINGER will publish these awarded dissertations in the EDAA Outstanding Monographs series.
Deadline for nominations is November 1st, 2018 at midnight (23:59 CET).
The nominations must be submitted electronically, exclusively in PDF format, through the following URL address: http://www.edaa.com/EDAA-Award
Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering, and EDAA Vice-Chair
EDAA is a non-profit association. Its purpose is to operate for educational, scientific and technical purposes for the benefit of the international electronics design and design automation community. The Association, in the field of design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, promotes a series of high quality technical international conferences and workshops across Europe and cooperates actively to maintain harmonious relationships with other national and international technical societies and groups promoting the purpose of the Association. EDAA is the main sponsor of DATE, the premier Design, Automation and Test Conference and Exhibition in Europe.