Industry leaders to share latest developments in smart automotive, smart cities, smart industrial, biomedical, consumer and IoT, September 19-21, 2018, in Grenoble, France
GRENOBLE, France – June 19, 2018 – STMicroelectronics CEO Jean-Marc Chery and SEMIPresident and CEO Ajit Manocha will kick off the co-located SEMI- MEMS & Sensors Industry Group’s(SEMI-MSIG’s) European MEMS & Sensors Summit 2018 and European Imaging & Sensors Summit,September 19-21 in Grenoble, France. Global technology leaders will provide insights on the transformation of the MEMS, sensors and imaging industry by megatrends such as artificial and autonomous intelligence, hyperscale data centers, cybersecurity, authentication, human-machine interface, and virtual reality/augmented reality (VR/AR). Speakers will also explore new platforms, models and materials that enable the performance and volume requirements of tomorrow’s MEMS, sensors and imaging devices.
In his executive keynote, NXP Semiconductors SVP/CTO Lars Reger will discuss how sensors enable autonomous vehicles to make human-like decisions. Mr. Reger will highlight a complex automotive ecosystem that requires both MEMS and non-MEMS sensors – as well as other electronic measurement and control systems – to advance the autonomous vehicles of today and tomorrow. CEA Leti CEO Emmanuel Sabonnadière will present how innovation is feeding technology and provide an overview on operational excellence, innovations in technology, talents management and leadership. An additional executive keynote speaker from Renault will be announced soon.
“SEMI Europe’s European Summits offer influential stakeholders compelling forums for exploring technological developments – and manufacturing and materials advancements – that will dramatically improve MEMS, sensors and imaging technologies and the markets in which they play,” said Laith Altimime, president, SEMI Europe. “Partners, competitors, suppliers, end customers and attendees will also connect and explore opportunities during the exhibition and networking events that make our European Summits unique.”
- Megatrends impacts on the MEMS business – Eric Mounier, Yole Développement
- Future trends and drivers for sensors markets – Dr. Michael Alexander, Roland Berger
- Disruption in the authentication sensor market – Manuel Tagliavini, IHS Markit
- Image sensors technology innovations enabling market megatrends – Roberto Bez, LFoundry
- Embracing design for manufacturing in MEMS – success and disappointment – Ian Roane, Micralyne
- Advanced substrates for MEMS and photonic applications – Vesa-Pekka Lempinen, Okmetic Oy
- Sensors enabling smart HMI – Christian Mandl, Infineon Technologies
- Image and vision sensors, systems and applications for smart cities – Thierry Ligozat, Teledyne e2v
- Trends and recent developments in 3D microscopy for biomedical applications – Michael Kempe, Carl Zeiss AG
- AI-enabled imaging at the edge – Petronel Bigiogi, XPERI
- MEMS and Imaging Technology Showcase – Several companies will stage live demonstrations of their MEMS, imaging and sensors based as they compete for audience votes.
- Joint Show-Floor Exhibition is the place to see leading companies, technologies, and people driving the future of MEMS/imaging and sensors design and manufacturing.
- Networking events such as the welcome reception and a gala dinner held for both MEMS and Sensors and Imaging & Sensors Summit attendees
Registration is open now, with early-bird pricing available until August 17, 2018. Register at http://www.semi.org/eu/mems-and-sensors-2018-registration.
SEMI-MSIG’s Summits will be held at the WTC in Grenoble, France, in the heart of the French Silicon Valley (5-7 Place Robert Schuman, 38000 Grenoble, France).
Premier sponsors of the Summits include:
- Gold Sponsors: ASE Group, Presto Engineering, Inc. and SUSS MicroTec Group
- Silver Sponsors: Applied Materials, EV Group, L Foundry, and SPTS Technologies
- Event sponsors include: JSR Micro N.V., Materion, Okmetic, and Trymax
SEMI® connects over 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
The SEMI logo is a registered trademark, and MEMS & Sensors Industry Group and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group logo are trademarks of SEMI. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.