- Agenda features a strong focus on autonomous drive and EV topics
WILSONVILLE, Ore., Aug. 16, 2018 — (PRNewswire) — Mentor, a Siemens business, announces that registration is now open for its 18th annual Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF), which this year adds more keynotes, panel discussions and technical sessions tackling the challenges and opportunities of the dynamic electric vehicle (EV) and autonomous drive (AD) markets. This year's IESF is set for Wednesday, Sept. 19, and it will again be held at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, MI.
IESF is a global automotive conference program for electrical/electronic (EE) design engineers, managers and executives. It's the place for big ideas, practical know-how, and innovative solutions to the thorniest EE design problems. For almost two decades, IESF has been at the forefront of automotive EE design innovation. The event's comprehensive program covers industry trends and challenges, best practices, product solutions and knowledge sharing.
"I have been coming to IESF Automotive for many years, and it never disappoints," said Roger C. Lanctot, Strategy Analytics, Director, Automotive. "I am of course always interested in automotive electronics and electrical trends, and each year IESF delivers abundant choices of high quality sessions, and a lot of very interesting people to speak with and learn from."
The IESF general sessions will feature a fireside chat and guest keynote speakers:
- The fireside chat panel is on "Autonomous, Electrification and New Mobility: Managing Disruption in the Automotive Industry", and will feature Tony Hemmelgarn, CEO of Siemens PLM Software; Wally Rhines, CEO of Mentor; and Marcus Welz, CEO of Siemens ITS. The moderator is John McElroy, host of TV program, Autoline.
- This year's guest keynote speaker, Mike "Mouse" McCoy, is the CEO/Co-Founder and Creative Director, Hackrod, a digital industrial startup company. Prior to founding Hackrod, Mouse was the CEO of the award-winning Entertainment Studio Bandito Brothers.
- "EV/AV Brings Fresh Challenges to EE Systems Development – Digitalization of the Functional Twin" - Martin O'Brien, Vice President, Integrated Electrical Systems Division, Mentor.
- "The Hansen Report Live" - Paul Hansen, The Hansen Report.
Along with the fireside chat and guest keynote, the event will include more than 50 business and technical presentations, multiple panels, a solutions expo, and countless networking opportunities. Sessions include the following:
- "The Impact of Connected Vehicles to Smart Cities" - Priscilla Boyd, Senior Product Manager at Siemens Mobility, Inc.
- "Android, QNX, Linux, Hypervisors and More" - Ian Riches, Executive Director, Automotive Practice, Strategy Analytics.
- "AUTOSAR Platforms – Standardizing a Software System Framework for Autonomous and Connected Vehicles" - Rick Flores, GM, Technical Fellow and AUTOSAR Chairman.
- "How Much Testing is Enough for Autonomous Vehicles?" - Andrew Patterson, Mentor.
- "Autonomous Drive – Looking Out 25 Years" - Edward Bernardon, Vice President, Strategic Automotive Initiatives, Siemens PLM Software.
- Other speakers include representatives from Ford, General Motors, Yazaki, LEONI, Lear, Harman, GE and Ellis & Associates.
In addition to the opportunity to learn and connect with people inside the sessions, IESF presents outstanding networking opportunities, allowing attendees the rare opportunity to meet face-to-face with the world's leading voices in electrical, electronic, and embedded software design.
Contact for journalists
Phone: 503-685-1778; E-mail: Email Contact
Mentor Graphics Corporation, a Siemens business, is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services, and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronic, semiconductor, and systems companies. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. Web site: http://www.mentor.com.
Mentor Graphics and Mentor are registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owner.
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/registration-now-open-and-agenda-announced-for-the-18th-iesf-automotive-forum-in-september-300698638.html
SOURCE Mentor, a Siemens business
|Company Name: Mentor, a Siemens business