Improved Efficiency with High Detail Scanning
High interest areas can now be captured in incredible detail from greater distances. FARO FocusS 150 and FocusS 350 Laser Scanner users benefit from considerable time savings on site, while capturing evidence for such items as cartridge cases, weapons and even blood in greater detail from longer distances. Users can realize up to 75% time-savings compared to other available methods of high detail evidence capture.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Comparable Quality With 60% Less Time at the Scene
FARO Laser-HDRTM (patent pending), another FARO proprietary innovation, improves on conventional multi-exposure HDR techniques by intelligently enhancing photographs with laser intensity from the Focus Laser Scanner. Laser-HDRTM balances color data adding vibrancy, clarity and details of the scene. Also, with no additional time required on scene and backwards compatibility with previous generations of FARO Focus Laser Scanners, Laser-HDRTM delivers a broad set of new benefits to all FARO laser scanner users.
Faster Full Color Panoramic Image Creation
SCENE 2018 enables full camera resolution color images to be exported, independent of scan resolution. When speed and visualization are required, SCENE 2018 allows users to scan faster without loss of photographic detail.
Enhanced Virtual Reality (VR) Experience
The Virtual Reality experience is further enhanced in SCENE 2018. SCENE's VR module enables users to easily create immersive 3D environments of a crime, crash, fire, or security scene that has been scanned. SCENE VR greatly increases the value of every customer's FARO laser scanning solution by:
- Quickly converting any scene or location scanned into a fully immersive, real world training environment that:
1) accelerates the learning curve,
2) advances the breadth of expertise and knowledge of both new and experienced investigators, and
3) reduces training costs in general,
- Enabling forensics professionals to revisit and re-walk the scene to ensure all evidence has been identified, view the scene from the position and perspective of eyewitness testimonies, and evaluate the feasibility of different theories of how events unfolded, and
- Providing digital scene visits to prosecutors, judges, juries, and expert witnesses just as the scene was when originally captured without having to travel to the scene.
"We are dedicated to helping public safety professionals do their jobs safer, faster, and better," stated Jeff Ruiz, Vice President - Public Safety and Forensics. "Already recognized as best-in-class, SCENE 2018 now brings new innovations that enable investigators to capture scenes more quickly with greater detail than ever before."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-introduces-scene-2018-for-public-safety-and-forensics-300702780.html
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.
| Company Name: FARO Technologies, Inc.
Robert Gourdine, Vice President of Global Marketing, E: Email Contact
Financial data for FARO Technologies, Inc.