PISCATAWAY, N.J., Aug. 29, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The
OpenPOWER Foundation, an open development community dedicated to innovation for POWER platforms, announces its second
OpenPOWER Europe Summit. The Summit will be held Oct. 3-4, 2018, at the RAI Center in Amsterdam immediately following the Open Compute Regional Summit 2018 at the same location.
The two-day, developer-centric event themed “Open the Future” will include:
- Keynotes from member organizations.
- A deep technical workshop on building high-bandwidth CAPI / OpenCAPI FPGA applications.
- A Plugfest featuring OpenPOWER hardware from numerous members.
- A Hackathon focused on OpenBMC and coordinated with Open Compute.
- Over 25 technical sessions covering everything from AI/Machine Learning to Open Source Documentation, Accelerators to System Firmware and more presented by experts from the EU and beyond.
- An OpenPOWER exhibitor pavilion where members will demonstrate their latest advancements in OpenPOWER applications, platforms and research while networking with industry peers.
“European interest in OpenPOWER continues to grow steadily, approaching 25 percent of total membership, and we’re thrilled to head to Amsterdam for our second Summit where much of the focus will be on hands-on development opportunities for both software and hardware ecosystems and innovators,” said Bryan Talik, President, OpenPOWER Foundation. “With remarkable innovation from universities, research centers, hardware and software developers and government agencies, Europe is paving the way to advance computing infrastructure, artificial intelligence, security and analytics – all while prioritizing transparency to foster a dynamic open ecosystem for development – in-synch with our focus on creating developer-centric opportunities.”
To register for the OpenPOWER Europe Summit or find more information, please visit https://openpowerfoundation.org/summit-2018-10-eu/ or follow the Foundation on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter with the # OpenPOWERSummit hashtag.
About OpenPOWER Foundation
The OpenPOWER Foundation is an open technical community based on the POWER architecture, enabling collaborative development and opportunity for member differentiation and industry growth. The goal of the Foundation is to create an open ecosystem built around the POWER Architecture to share expertise, investment, and server-class intellectual property to serve the evolving needs of customers and industry.
Founded in 2013 by Google, IBM, NVIDIA, Tyan and Mellanox, the organization has grown to 350+ members worldwide from all sectors of the High Performance Computing ecosystem. For more information on OpenPOWER Foundation, visit www.openpowerfoundation.org.