Global Industry Leaders Toyota, Honda, Denso, Toshiba, Bosch, Qualcomm and GLOBALFOUNDRIES to Headline SEMICON Japan
TOKYO — October 1, 2018 — Visionary keynote speakers and industry luminaries will share insights on Smart technologies that are shaping the future at SEMICON Japan 2018, the largest and most influential exhibition in Japan for electronics manufacturing. Registration for SEMICON Japan, at Tokyo Big Sight in Tokyo on December 12-14, is now open for the exhibition and programs.
Themed “Dreams Start Here,” SEMICON Japan 2018 reflects the promise of AI (artificial intelligence), Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart technologies.
SEMICON Japan 2018 is the gathering place to connect the people, technologies and business across the electronics manufacturing supply chain, from semiconductor manufacturing to autonomous cars, robotics and other Smart applications.
Representing segments across the supply chain, the industry visionaries will present at SEMICON Japan’s SuperTHEATER in seven keynote forums, all with simultaneous English-Japanese translation.
Opening Keynotes – Alternative Future Envisioned by New Leaders
Dr. Yasuo Naruke
President and CEO of Toshiba Memory
representing memory sector
Senior VP and GM of GLOBALFOUNDRIES
representing foundry sector
President of Qualcomm Japan
representing fabless sector
SMART Transportation Summit – The Future Created by SMART Innovation
President and CEO of Toyota Info Technology Center
System Executive LPL, at Honda R&D
and Development Center, at Denso
President and representative director of Bosch
Additional SEMICON Japan 2018 highlights include:
- SEMI Market Forum on the growing China and global semiconductor ecosystem with speakers from IHS Markit and SEMI.
- SMART Technology Forum on the front line of AI with speakers from the University of Tokyo, Microsoft Japan, Amazon Web Services and DefinedCrowd.
- Manufacturing Innovation Forum on EUV lithography with speakers from ASML and Xilinx.
- Mirai (future) Vision Forum on how advanced science and technology could transform the human body with speakers from Leave a Nest and more.
SEMICON Japan Sponsors
- Platinum sponsors include Disco Corporation, Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Screen Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd., and Tokyo Electron Limited.
- Gold sponsors include Advantest, Applied Materials, Ebara, Fasford Technology, Hitachi Chemical, JSR, Kokusai Electric, Lam Research, Nikon, and Tokyo Seimitsu.
For more information and to register for SEMICON Japan, click here.
SEMI® connects over 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit