Intel Unveils Full Desktop Product Lineup for Gaming and Content Creation, Including New 9th Gen Intel Core and Intel Core X-series Processors
- Debuts 9th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors, including the Intel Core i9-9900K processor, the world’s best gaming processor1, with preorders starting today.
- Full details on new Intel Core X-series processors designed for premium content creation platforms, with availability in November.
- Updates on the new Intel® Xeon® W-3175X processor, a 28-core workstation powerhouse for compute intensive workloads and applications, which will ship from Intel in December.
NEW YORK — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 8, 2018 — Intel today announced the 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-9900K, the world’s best gaming processor1, and said preorders for the new processor would begin today. The announcement was made as part of a series of new desktop processor introductions that will enable amazing performance and platform features to meet a range of consumer needs from gaming to content creation. New processors introduced today include the first 9th Gen Intel Core processors, new Intel Core X-series processors and the Intel® Xeon® W-3175X processor.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181008005597/en/
Intel announces seven new Intel Core X-series processors (i7-9800X, i9-9820X, i9-9900X, i9-9920X, i9-9940X, i9-9960X, and i9-9980XE) on Oct 8, 2018, with a variety of core counts and I/O capabilities. They are designed for premium content creation platforms. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
“Our goal is to deliver leadership performance across all computing segments and product lines,” said Anand Srivatsa, vice president and general manager, Desktop, Systems and Channel, within the Client Computing Group at Intel. “Today’s announcements underscore our ability to do exactly that, including, hands-down, the world’s best processor for gaming. Whether a gamer, a creator or an expert using the most advanced workstation applications possible, Intel and our partners are focused on delivering balanced platforms with real-world leadership performance and robust capabilities that exceed their needs.”
Let the Games Begin
The 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K is the world’s best processor for gaming1. It brings an exceptional level of performance to the desktop product line, signified by the first Intel Core i9 brand in the mainstream desktop segment. All three of the 9th Gen Intel Core processors unveiled today (i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K) enable fast, immersive experience for gamers, with up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency2, and 16 MB Intel Smart Cache.
9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver amazing performance, including unlocked3 “K” SKUs at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes for system expandability for gaming, creating and overclocking3. Improvements in this generation include:
- Enabling more than 220 FPS on three of the most popular global PC game titles4.
- With Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivering up to 5.0 GHz single-core frequency, gamers can enjoy their favorite games with up to 10 percent5 more FPS across popular gaming titles compared with the previous generation, as well as up to 37 percent more FPS compared to a 3-year-old PC6.
- Capture game play, transcode and stream while playing. With this type of megatasking, gamers can enjoy up to 11 percent7 more FPS compared with the previous generation and up to 41 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC8.
- Video editing improved on Adobe Premiere* – Up to 34 percent9 faster video editing compared with the previous generation and up to 97 percent faster compared with a 3-year-old PC10.
- Overall system performance improved up to 15 percent better as compared with previous generation and up to 40 percent as compared with a 3-year-old PC11.
- Overclock3 these new processors with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), a precision tool for advanced overclocking, and take advantage of the additional thermal headroom with solder thermal interface material (STIM).
To realize the full potential of the new 9th Gen Intel Core
processor, Intel is introducing the new Intel® Z390 chipset. The Intel
Z390 chipset includes high-speed integrated USB 3.1 Gen 2 and integrated
Intel® Wireless-AC with support for Gigabit Wi-Fi speed. The 9 <