New Identity Reflects Successful Integration With Penton Media
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30, 2002--Penton Media (NYSE: PME, http://www.penton.com), today announced that the former JPA has changed its name to Penton Digital Media Research.
Operating as a division of Penton since its acquisition in May 1999, the new identity reflects the company's strong relationship and successful integration with Penton. Penton Digital Media Research produces market research reports in the areas of digital media, consumer media technology, software and graphics.
"The Penton name has long been synonymous with industry-leading trade events and publications, and with our evolvement into Penton Digital Media Research, Penton will now be known for excellence in market research as well," said Christine Arrington, Vice President of Penton Digital Media Research. "Our combined strengths create an invaluable intelligence resource for our clients."
These clients include leading graphics hardware companies, top PC OEMs, leading Digital Set-Top Box hardware vendors, and a "who's who" of 3D software applications developers.
Founded in 1984 with a focus on computer graphics, the company produced market research on semiconductors and add-in boards. Due to consolidation in the computer graphics sector through the early to mid-1990's, the company expanded its focus to 3D Software Tools & Application, Digital Entertainment Boxes and Media Processors.
Today, the company offers a variety of research reports in these areas, including:
- 3D On The Web, which examines the issues relevant to the creation and delivery of 3D graphics over the Web
- 3D Content Creation Study, which provides analysis and insight into the market for tools used in 3D content creation applications, as well as five-year forecasts of unit sales, revenue, and installed base numbers.
- The DVD Market Review & Forecast 2001 - 2005 analyzes the development of new technology (including recordable DVD, the connected DVD, I DVD, and combination boxes) as well as the paths of convergence traveled by the DVD technology, and forecasts the market for DVD devices.
- The Digital Set-Top Box (STB) Market Study of the Digital Entertainment Box Series examines the world wide markets for devices that deliver media and information to consumers within the living-room environment. The report concerns itself primarily with digital STBs, their future growth, and the factors driving them to that growth, including five-year forecasts and in-depth discussion of the factors influencing these markets over the time frame of the forecasts.
- 3D Gaming offers an extensive examination of what is now the largest market for 3D modeling and animation software tools. This report examines the opportunities in this market for providers of middleware and tools, 3D modeling software, image and motion capture technologies, 3D artists, graphics accelerator chip makers, and many others.
- The Personal Media Device Report details the developing market for a new breed of consumer information and entertainment platform - portable, networked devices. It explores the market potential for deployment of these devices worldwide, through detailed five-year projections, and examines the rapid evolution of the technology that will help make the platform a reality.
About Penton Digital Media Research
Penton Digital Media Research (formerly Jon Peddie Associates -- JPA) is the leading market research firm covering the digital media, consumer media technology, software and graphics markets. In addition to two insider periodicals -- Media Device Report and The Penton Review -- Penton Digital Media Research also publishes in-depth, topical market studies and offers consulting services. Technology industry professionals and financial institutions worldwide rely on Penton Digital Media Research analyses to help understand market changes and to respond to competitor challenges.
About Penton Media
Penton Media, Inc. (NYSE:
news), a leading diversified business
media company that produces market-focused magazines, Web sites, trade
shows, and conferences. Penton serves the electronics;
Internet/broadband; natural products/food/retail; manufacturing;
design/engineering; management; supply chain/aviation,
government/compliance; mechanical systems/construction; and
leisure/hospitality markets. For more information, visit
Penton Digital Media Research Christine Arrington, 415/593-5050 Email Contact http://www.pentondigital.com