Product design teams embrace real-time data management and cloud collaboration tools to speed up their time to market
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 14, 2019 — (PRNewswire) —
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 14, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- From custom homes and business intelligence drones to air quality monitors and smart meters for fuel conservation, product design teams worldwide are choosing Onshape to speed up their time to market.
Onshape is the only product development platform that combines CAD, data management, workflow, real-time collaboration tools, and more than 50 engineering applications in one cloud-based system. The platform helps extended design teams work together faster and helps executives make better business decisions with real-time analytics and unprecedented visibility into their company's design and manufacturing processes.
"Product development teams don't just use CAD," says Onshape CEO Jon Hirschtick. "When we created the Onshape platform from scratch, we started with data management and built the other engineering tools around it – not the other way around where version control and collaboration are treated like an afterthought."
"One of the things I love about my job is discovering all the innovative products that Onshape customers are bringing into the world," he adds. "We're proud to help product development teams work together more efficiently and do their jobs faster."
A sample set of companies which recently purchased or expanded their use of Onshape to speed up product development include:
- Caliper Studio (Brooklyn, NY) – An integrated design firm and fabrication shop providing design services and custom metal fabrication for architects and building contractors.
- Cover Technologies (Gardena, California) – Home builder that designs, permits, manufactures, and installs custom backyard homes. Cover's building process is designed from the ground up using software and advanced manufacturing processes resulting in quality custom homes that can be assembled in about a week.
- Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (Pensacola, FL) – Research institute focusing on pioneer technologies aimed at leveraging and extending human capabilities. Affiliated with the Florida University System, IHMC research partners have included DARPA, NASA, National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and the U.S. Air Force.
- Propeller Aerobotics (New South Wales, Australia) – Drone surveying company helping professionals in the mining, waste management and construction industries capture, process, analyze and share accurate data about their worksites.
- Sabio Environmental (Round Rock, TX) – Designer and manufacturer of quality air monitoring analyzers and calibration equipment. Sabio also provides ambient air instrumentation, continuous emission monitoring systems, engineering services, product design and fabrication.
- Tank Utility (Boston, Mass.) – Provider of innovative 4G LTE and WiFi propane tank monitors and cloud-based software that enables fuel delivery companies to improve business operations, reduce waste and better engage with customers.
Onshape recently added Assembly Configurations which speed up and simplify the design of families of products that have different sizes, options, colors and other permutations. Onshape's unique approach lets product designers create independent tables for each set of configurable items, dramatically reducing the number of table rows and cells.
Product designs can now be configured on-the-fly using variables to provide very large or even infinite numbers of variations with minimum configuration table complexity. With other CAD systems, complex configurations result in monster-sized tables that are tough to understand, troubleshoot and manage.
In addition, Onshape is the only product design platform that releases new improvements and enhancements in the cloud every three weeks. To see the most recent Onshape updates, many of which are customer-driven, visit the " What's New" blog archive.
Onshape is a next-generation cloud design platform that speeds up product development. It's an all-in-one system that combines CAD, release management, workflow, collaboration, and an API with more than 50 engineering applications. Onshape helps extended design teams work together faster and helps executives make better business decisions with real-time analytics and unprecedented visibility into their company's design and manufacturing processes.
Thousands of companies rely on Onshape to modernize and streamline their product development cycle. Onshape users in 170+ countries have logged over 7 million hours modeling advanced robotics, biomedical devices, industrial machinery, agriculture equipment, and consumer products. With 1 in 8 sessions occurring on mobile devices, Onshape is the world's first anywhere, anytime CAD system.
Founded in 2012, Onshape has raised $169 million from Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, North Bridge, and other leading investors. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the Onshape leadership team includes the original creators of SOLIDWORKS® and other proven leaders in cloud infrastructure, data security, and mobile. For more information, contact dgarnick(at)onshape.com or visit onshape.com/press-room
|Company Name: Onshape