Partners with the Industry to Deliver Breakthrough Performance, Artificial Intelligence, Battery Life and Responsiveness for Mobile, Gaming and Commercial Segments
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (code-named “Ice Lake”) based on 10nm are now shipping.
- 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris® Plus graphics bring broad-scale artificial intelligence (AI) to the PC for the first time. With approximately 2.5x accelerated AI performance1, approximately 2x graphics performance2 and nearly 3x faster wireless speeds3, these processors bring a new level of integration to power PC experiences for today and the future.
- First specification for the Project Athena innovation program revealed; compliant 10th Gen Intel Core processor-based systems are expected by holiday 2019.
- For gamers and enthusiasts, Intel announced the new special edition 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-9900KS, delivering 5 GHz all-core turbo, and Intel® Performance Maximizer.
- For professionals, Intel launches 9th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, bringing Intel Core i9 to the best-for-business platform for the first time.
TAIPEI, Taiwan — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 27, 2019 — Today at COMPUTEX 2019, Intel made a sweeping set of product and technology announcements, spanning the hottest segments of the PC industry. From new 10th Gen Intel Core processors and new details on Intel’s innovation program (code-named “Project Athena”) that will take mobile computing to an entirely new level, to the first-ever gaming processor with an all-core turbo of 5 GHz, Intel again raised the bar for PC experiences.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190527005311/en/
Gregory Bryant, Intel senior vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group, displays a 10th Gen Intel Core processor on stage during a rehearsal for Intel's keynote at Computex 2019 on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, in Taipei, Taiwan. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
“No one wants to compromise; people want it all: battery life, performance, responsiveness, connectivity and slick form factors. Our job is to come together as an industry and deliver incredible and differentiated PCs, purpose built to what real people want. 10th Gen Intel Core processors – our most integrated CPU – and Project Athena are great examples of how our deep investments at a platform level will help fuel innovation across the industry,” said Gregory Bryant, Intel senior vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group.
More: Intel at 2019 COMPUTEX (Press Kit) | Project Athena: Introducing the Next Era of Laptop Innovation (Video) | Project Athena: Next Era of Laptop Innovation (Video) | Project Athena: People-Led Design (Video) | Decades of Innovation (Video) | Create the World as You See It (Video)
10th Gen Intel Core Processors: Highly Integrated; Broad-Scale AI to the PC
Intel announced the first 10th Gen Intel Core processors, bringing high-performance AI to the PC at scale with Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost). The processors are built on the company’s 10nm process technology, new “Sunny Cove” core architecture and new Gen11 graphics engine. 10th Gen Intel Core processors will range from Intel Core i3 to Intel Core i7, with up to 4 cores and 8 threads, up to 4.1 max turbo frequency and up to 1.1 GHz graphics frequency.
10th Gen Intel Core processors will take thin-and-light laptops and 2 in 1s to the next level, offering:
- Intelligent performance: Intel’s first processors designed to enable high-performance AI on the laptop, delivering approximately 2.5x AI performance1 with Intel DL Boost for low latency workloads. The new graphics architecture delivers up to 1 teraflop of vector compute for heavy duty inference workloads to enhance creativity, productivity and entertainment on highly mobile, thin-and-light laptops. For low-power AI usages on the PC, Intel® Gaussian Network Accelerator (GNA) is built into the SoC.
- A leap in graphics capabilities: New Intel Iris Plus graphics, based on the Gen11 graphics architecture, nearly doubles performance2 for stunning visual experiences. Reach pro-level content creation capabilities on the go with approximately 2x HEVC encode4; watch 4K HDR in a billion colors5; game with up to 2x faster FPS6 and play thousands of popular titles in 1080p.
- Best-in-class connectivity : Delivering both integrated Thunderbolt™ 3 and integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) for the first time to enable nearly 3x faster wireless speeds 3 alongside the fastest 7 and most versatile port available. Intel’s Gig+ implementation of Wi-Fi 6 connectivity delivers greater than 1 Gbps wireless speeds 8 with enhanced reliability and performance.