July 16, 2019 -- In recognition of the importance of university research to the advancement of design, automation and test, and to encourage young researchers to work in the field, EDAA has established an award for outstanding Ph.D. dissertations in 4 categories:
Topic 1 – New directions in embedded software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical , secure and learning systems.
Topic 2 – New directions in system-on-chip platforms co-design, novel architectures and system-level architectures, design flows, management.
Topic 3 – New directions in logic, physical design and CAD for analog/mixed-signal, nano-scale and emerging technologies.
Topic 4 – New directions in safety, reliability, security-aware hardware design, validation and test
In each category, one award can be given. Each award consists of a 1000 € prize and certificate. The awards will be presented at the DATE 2020 conference, where the awardees need to be present.
- Eligible are all Ph.D. dissertations which have been defended in the last 2 years before the submission deadline. The total reporting time should not be more than 5 years since the starting of the PhD that should clearly be stated in the applicant CV.
- Nominations shall be submitted electronically and shall contain:
- an indication of the category (one only);
- an extended statement (PDF format) explaining the outstanding contributions of the thesis;
- the PhD Thesis, preferably in English (PDF format);
A thesis which is written in a language other than English must be accompanied by sufficient published material in English so that the jury can judge the contributions and quality of the PhD work,
- a CV and a list of related publications.
- Nominations shall be supported by at least 3 reference letters of experts in the respective fields, with at least one reference letter from a different university. Reference letters need to be submitted to the website and must carry the name of the candidate in the filename.
- Awardees must be present at DATE 2020 to receive the Award.
- SPRINGER will publish these awarded dissertations in the EDAA Outstanding Monographs series.
Deadline for nominations is November 1st, 2019 at midnight (AOE).
The nominations must be submitted electronically, exclusively in PDF format, through the following URL address:
Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering, and EDAA Vice-Chair