EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Sept. 9, 2019 – The agenda and speaker list have been finalized for the sixth annual 2019 RF/Microwave Power Amplifier (PA) Forum, taking place at European Microwave Week 2019 (EuMW 2019) in Paris. This free-to-attend event, being held on Wednesday, October 2 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel next to the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, focuses on device technologies, characterization, modeling and end-use applications for RF and microwave PAs.
The forum encourages discussion and provides insight into the latest approaches for device modeling, parameter extraction measurement techniques, and process technologies, as well as modern PA theory and design flow. The event’s agenda is segmented into sequential sessions to allow attendees to selectively attend any or all presentations of interest.
Noted PA expert Dr. Steve C. Cripps of Cardiff University will present the keynote “Active and Passive Matching in RFPAs – A Quirky Partnership” alongside company presentations that include:
- Design of a Gallium Nitride (GaN) microwave monolithic integrated circuit (MMIC) PA Using Nonlinear Models - ICONIC RF
- Doherty PA Design Based on the Enhanced Polyharmonic Distortion (EPHD) Model - AWR Group, NI
- GaN/Silicon (Si) Process for 5G High-Power and Low-Noise Applications - OMMIC
- Challenges Around GaN-on-Silicon Carbide (GaN-on-SiC) at High Frequencies – United Monolithic Semiconductors (UMS)
- RF Device Modeling – Wolfspeed, a Cree Company
- Stability Analysis in Wide-Bandwidth PAs – Ametek Compliance Test Solutions (CTS)
- Input and Output Controlled High-Efficiency PAs - Focus Microwaves
- The Coupled Effect Between Antenna Arrays and Nonlinear RF Front Ends - AMCAD
For more information on the EuMW2019 RF/Microwave PA Forum, to register and to download the complete agenda, visit awr.com/eumw2019.
About NI AWR Software
The NI AWR Design Environment software platform includes RF/microwave electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Visual System Simulator™ system design software, Microwave Office/Analog Office microwave/RF circuit design software and AXIEM and Analyst™ EM analysis software. The NI AWR software product portfolio also includes AntSyn™ antenna design and synthesis software and AWR Connected™ third-party solutions. Collectively, these products empower design engineers to dramatically reduce development time and cost for components, circuits, systems and subsystems employed in wireless, high-speed wired, broadband, aerospace and defense and electro-optical applications. More information is available at ni.com/awr.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, NI has made it possible for engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges with powerful, flexible technology solutions that accelerate productivity and drive rapid innovation. Customers from a wide variety of industries–from healthcare to automotive and from consumer electronics to particle physics–use NI’s integrated hardware and software platform to improve the world we live in.
Vice President of Marketing, AWR Group, NI