- Powerful performance for energy-efficient business desktop PCs from processors offering up to 12 cores –
- Strong portfolio of enterprise offerings from global commercial PC manufacturers including HP and Lenovo –
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today,
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen™ PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO desktop processors combine powerful performance, built-in security features, and commercial-grade reliability to get the job done. Starting in Q4 2019, robust enterprise desktops from HP and Lenovo powered by AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO desktop processors are slated to be available.
“The launch of the Ryzen PRO 3000 Series processors for commercial and small business users is the latest demonstration of our commitment to technology leadership in 2019,” said Saied Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Client Compute. “Designed specifically to efficiently data-crunch, design, compose, and create – AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO processors accelerate enhanced business productivity while offering protection safeguards with built-in security features, such as full system memory encryption and a dedicated, on-die security processor.”
Powering versatile designs from both HP and Lenovo and designed to fit virtually every office environment, the AMD Ryzen 9 PRO 3900, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700, and AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3600 CPUs are based on the world’s most advanced 7nm “Zen 2” core architecture. Offering up to 12 cores and 24 threads – the most of any business processor1 only with the AMD Ryzen 9 PRO 3900 processor – they provide a high-performance and high-efficiency design built for even the most rigorous business environments and are power efficient without sacrificing performance.
AMD Ryzen PRO 3000 Series processors deliver highly competitive performance for business desktops;
- Ryzen 9 PRO 3900 and Ryzen 7 PRO 3700 brings up to 2X faster performance than the competition at the same power, ensuring a cool and quiet PC usage environment2;
- Ryzen PRO processors offer up to an estimated 127% faster data-crunching versus the competition, from solving equations to running simulations in various industries including financial services, life science, and energy 3;
- Technology leadership with the most advanced 7nm SoC and “Zen 2” core architecture, up to 12 cores at only 65W TDP for select models.4
Every AMD Ryzen PRO processor contains a powerful, built-in security co-processor that runs AMD GuardMI technology, which is dedicated to helping protect users’ PCs. AMD Memory Guard5 helps defend against cold boot attacks with full system memory encryption, and AMD technology supports and complements OEM security features and Windows Security, including Lenovo ThinkShield™ and HP Sure Start™, among others.
In the coming months, enterprise customers will be able to purchase Ryzen PRO processor-based systems from top PC vendors including HP and Lenovo.
HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Series with AMD
“HP continues to strengthen its commitment to innovative PC technologies and collaborating with our partners has never been more important,” said Andy Rhodes, Global Head Commercial Personal Systems, HP Inc. “Powered by AMD Ryzen PRO processors, our HP EliteDesk 705 G5 series deliver the robust performance and productivity that today’s workforce requires, in industry-leading compact designs.”
The high-performance HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Series offers enterprise-class productivity with the latest AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors in your choice of form factors.
- The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Small Form Factor is the world’s first AMD desktop PC with dual-M.2 drive capability6 and delivers impressive value with powerful performance, expandability, manageability and resilient security for the modern workplace. The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 SFF will be available in September starting at $669 USD.
- The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini is the smallest and most powerful AMD Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) business-class PC7. With many configurable options, and built-in security and manageability in a compact design, this desktop mini pairs with the HP Mini-in-One 24 Display8 to revamp the modern workplace. The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 DM will be available in November starting at $679 USD.
Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktops with AMD
Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops have been available with AMD processors - offering great performance, security and energy-saving features - for more than ten years. That heritage continues with the ThinkCentre M75s-1 small form factor (SFF) and M75q-1 Tiny form factor offering the latest Ryzen PRO processors, up to 12-cores on the SFF model.
The clean and sleek look and feel is backed up with strong security and manageability features. New for 2019 AMD platforms is the Smart Power-On feature allowing users to mount the desktops in more flexible locations, such as a wall, under a desk or behind a monitor. Simply press ALT+P on the keyboard to power on the system. The M75q-1 Tiny also now includes a USB Type-C port and an HDMI port as standard and the option of two additional user-defined ports.
“Our customers want smart and secure desktops to meet the day-to-day rigors of workplace demands with the flexibility to adapt to modern workspaces,” said Tom Butler, executive director, WW commercial portfolio and product management, Lenovo. “We equip select ThinkCentre models with state-of-the-art AMD processors that deliver great performance and security features in one device.”
AMD Ryzen™ PRO desktop processors:
|TDP9 (Watts)||Boost/Base Freq.10 (GHz)||L2 + L3 Cache (MB)|
|AMD Ryzen™ 9 PRO 3900||12 / 24||65W||4.3 / up to 3.1||70|
|AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 3700||8 / 16||65W||4.4 / up to 3.6||36|
|AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 3600||6 / 12||65W||4.2 / up to 3.6||35|