The deadline for submissions is June 9, 2008.
URISA will award students cash prizes for best student authored papers. Winners will be recognized at the URISA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA, October 7-10, 2008.
$500 cash. Free conference registration and recognition at the URISA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA, October 7-10, 2008. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
$300 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
$150 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
The following types of papers are encouraged:
1. Comprehensive literature review on a spatial technology and its application.
2. Application of spatial statistics.
3. Application of an implemented spatial technology and its demonstrable impact on a public or private sector organization.
4. Treatment and development of spatial technologies and theory.
Application areas of particular interest to URISA members include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Remote sensing
- Economic development
- Safety or homeland security
- Environmental planning and resource management
- Geographic information systems
- Infrastructure management
- Urban land use planning and management
Only papers meeting the evaluation criteria will be considered. Further information regarding eligibility, submission criteria, prizes, and policies are available on the URISA website at http://www.urisa.org/student_paper_competition.
URISA promotes the effective and ethical use of spatial information and information technologies for the understanding and management of urban and regional systems.
URISA Education Director