March 15, 2010 — Mapdiva presents Ortelius 1.0.7, the latest update of their cartographic design software for Mac OS X. Ortelius is a vector-based cartography application that helps you create high-quality custom map graphics, plans, and scaled drawings. Ortelius offers a creative solution with superior quality graphics – perfect for reports, presentations, and publications. Ortelius helps you do more than just make maps – it help you communicate visually.
A picture is worth a thousand words and maps are powerfully effective means for communicating. However, until now, creating professional quality map graphics has just been too hard, too time consuming, or both. Ortelius solves this problem by automating many of the graphics tasks that are most common for mapping and most tedious for graphic design, such as automatic road junctions, smart sequence markers, and smooth style transitions. With Ortelius, draw directly with features such as roads, rivers, coastlines, buildings, symbols, and contours. Ortelius supports the rich attribute information behind map features typically associated with geographic information systems (GIS) data, enabling fast, intelligent labeling – one of the most difficult aspects to map-making.
The update includes significant enhancements and new features:
- Ortelius User’s Guide now online
- Dozens of fully editable map templates
- Automatic junctions and style transitions
- Hundreds of styles and symbols
- Learning Ortelius just got easier – new “Getting Started With Ortelius” guide with bundled hands-on Exercises & Demo files
- Unlimited trial period – continue to receive updates during evaluation
- Advanced style components, including random fill pattern generation, tapered strokes, and tagged line effects