REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Mar 31, 2010 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- In order to accelerate and simplify mainframe migrations, Oracle today announced Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g and Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g.
- These new products provide runtime environments and migration tools that can speed up and reduce the cost and risk of mainframe re-hosting projects by providing standardized API emulation and tools that automate code and data migration.
- The products can re-host mainframe applications on Oracle Tuxedo 11g, the industry's #1 application server for mission critical C/C++ and COBOL applications.
- Re-hosting on Oracle Tuxedo 11g helps organizations reduce the cost of running online and batch applications, and can also cut the expense of scaling and maintaining business continuity.
- With Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g and Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g, organizations can efficiently migrate to a software stack that can scale and evolve to meet new business objectives.
New Products Redefining Mainframe Migration
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g provides a CICS API emulation and Batch environment that exploits the full range of Oracle Tuxedo's capabilities. Re-hosted applications run in a multi-node, grid environment with centralized production control. Also, enterprise integration of CICS application services benefits from an open and SOA-enabled framework. Key features include:
- CICS Application Runtime: Can run IBM CICS applications unchanged in an application grid, which enables the distribution of large workloads across multiple processors and nodes. This simplifies CICS administration and can scale to over 100,000 users and over 50,000 transactions per second.
- 3270 Terminal Server: Protects business users from change through support for tn3270 terminal emulation.
- Distributed CICS Resource Management: Simplifies deployment and administration by allowing customers to run CICS regions in a distributed configuration.
- Batch Application Runtime: Provides robust IBM JES-like job management that enables local or remote job submissions. In addition, distributed batch initiators can enable parallelization of jobs and support fail-over, shortening the batch window and helping to meet stringent SLAs.
- Batch Execution Environment: Helps to run IBM batch unchanged and also supports JCL functionality and all common batch utilities.
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g provides a set of automated migration tools integrated around a central repository. The tools provide high precision which results in very low error rates and the ability to handle large applications. This enables less expensive, low-risk migration projects. Key capabilities include:
- Workbench Repository and Cataloguer: Ensures integrity of the migrated application assets through full dependency checking. The Cataloguer generates and maintains all relevant meta-data on source and target components.
- File Migrator: Supports reliable migration of datasets and flat files to an ISAM or Oracle Database 11g. This is done through the automated migration utilities for data unloading, reloading and validation. It also generates logical access functions to shield developers from data repository changes.
- DB2 Migrator: Similarly, this tool automates the migration of DB2 schema and data to Oracle Database 11g.
- COBOL Migrator: Supports migration of IBM mainframe COBOL assets (OLTP and Batch) to open systems. Adapts programs for compiler dialects and data access variations.
- JCL Migrator: Supports migration of IBM JCL jobs to a Tuxedo ART environment, maintaining the flow and characteristics of batch jobs.
- "Despite the clear cost savings available over current mainframe deployments, some organizations may hesitate to migrate off due to the high complexity and risk inherent in these projects. Our goal is to accelerate and simplify migration," said Frank Xiong, vice president of Software Development, Oracle. "Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g and Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g remove these obstacles. They can minimize application change and bring mainframe rehosting into the mainstream. This new solution allows customers to quickly benefit from the performance, flexibility and reliability of Oracle Tuxedo and related Oracle Fusion Middleware offerings."
- "Organizations can reduce costs by migrating mainframe applications to open systems," said Mike Crowsen, vice president, Oracle Alliance, HP. "The combination of Oracle Tuxedo with HP services and infrastructure will help customers deliver faster, more efficient migration projects with lower risk and quicker return on investment."
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Oracle Tuxedo 11g
- Orac le Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Jim Rivas Oracle +1.650.506.8879 Email Contact Simon Jones Blanc & Otus for Oracle +1.415.856.5155 Email Contact