MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — July 19, 2010 — Actel Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTL) today announced
CoreFIR v4.0, leveraging the embedded radiation-tolerant multiply-accumulate blocks provided in Actel's recently qualified
RTAX-DSP FPGAs (see
Actel's RTAX-DSP FPGAs Achieve MIL-STD-883 Class B Qualification). RTAX-DSP FPGAs integrate radiation-tolerant math blocks with the spaceflight-proven industry-standard
RTAX-S FPGA architecture. CoreFIR v4.0 utilizes these on-chip resources to implement a highly parameterizable, single-rate, fully-enumerated Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter, delivering one of the essential building blocks in DSP systems.
As opposed to high throughput DSP technologies used on SRAM FPGAs, Actel's antifuse based RTAX-DSP devices are radiation tolerant and do not require complex multi-chip implementations to mitigate radiation effects in space. This reduces power-consumption, thermal loading and design complexity, while increasing overall system reliability. By taking advantage of CoreFIR v4.0 and RTAX-DSP radiation-tolerant FPGAs, designers can now rapidly design and implement DSP functions while taking advantage of the extensive spaceflight heritage of Actel's RTAX-S architecture.
CoreFIR v4.0 Key Features:
- Highly parameterizable DirectCore RTL generator
- High-performance, single-rate, fully-enumerated MAC filter
- Configurable from 2 to 240 taps in RTAX-DSP devices with up to 120 math blocks
- From 2 to 18 bits input data precision
- From 2 to 18 bits coefficient precision
- Signed or unsigned data and coefficients
- Up to 46-bit accumulator width
- Coefficient symmetry optimization
- Runtime reloadable coefficients, multiple coefficient sets or fixed coefficients
- CoreFIR runs up to 130 MHz in the following devices in the RTAX-DSP family:
CoreFIR v4.0 is now available for ordering. To order contact Actel's worldwide sales team.
Actel is the leader in low power FPGAs and mixed signal FPGAs, offering the most comprehensive portfolio of system and power management solutions. Power Matters. Learn more at www.actel.com.