REDLANDS, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 26, 2010 — National security, defense, and intelligence professionals will get to see demonstrations of Esri's complete geospatial system for intelligence at next week's GEOINT 2010 Symposium.
The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation hosts GEOINT, regarded as the premier geospatial intelligence event in the United States. The symposium will be held November 1–4 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Geographic information system (GIS) software from Esri gives agencies the ability to gather, fuse, analyze, exploit, and disseminate complex intelligence data through a map-driven interface. The geospatial knowledge derived from these processes forms a basis for making decisions in command and control, operations, logistics, and other areas.
"Esri technology is uniquely qualified to handle many forms of intelligence such as data from satellite imagery and information collected using handheld devices," said Esri president Jack Dangermond. "When analyzed and displayed using GIS, subtle geographic patterns emerge from the intelligence that would otherwise be difficult to see."
Esri will be at booth 355. Stop by for briefings and demonstrations on how to
• Manage, visualize, analyze, and distribute geospatial intelligence using Esri's complete enterprise geospatial system.
• Use ArcGIS 10, Esri's latest software release, to seamlessly incorporate imagery as an integral, easy-to-use part of the geospatial enterprise.
• Access ArcGIS Online to share spatial content and basemaps for applications.
• Exploit the latest in cloud, mobile, server, desktop, and online capabilities.
• Create, edit, manage, and display military features as a core capability of ArcGIS 10.
• Use Esri's specialized spatial and geoprocessing tools to build complex models that solve common tasks in the GEOINT community.
• Work with robust geospatial tools to manage and analyze data for field operations and situational awareness.
For more information about GIS in defense and intelligence, visit esri.com/intelligence.
Founded in 1969, Esri ( esri.com) is the world leader in the GIS software industry. Esri offers innovative solutions that help users create, manage, analyze, and display information to make timely decisions and solve problems they encounter every day. Esri’s comprehensive product line ranges from desktop GIS to GIS for the enterprise.
909-793-2853, extension 1-2448