Among Google, Hexagon, Trimble, DigitalGlobe and GeoEye, over 50 international brands will be attending. The event will take place in Sao Paulo from May 29 to 31
The visitors of the MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica fair will also have the opportunity to see the products of multinational companies - through the booths of local representatives - such as:
- Erdas: the company has been in business since 1978. It is a pioneer in business geospatial software sector. Today, it operates together with Intergraph, which has been in the market since 1969, in the area of remote sensing, photogrammetry and data management;
- RapidEye: has provided solutions for Business Intelligence since 1996. It started in Germany, and it is strong in the area of satellites for Earth Observation; Leica Geosystems: global company making its present in the market for 200 years. Leica Geosystems is in spatial sector, from data capture to data analysis. It is part of the Hexagon Group, Sweden, as well as Erdas and Intergraph;
- Trimble: global company, provider of solutions such as GPS, lasers, software, wireless communication. It has been in business for over 30 years;
- Google Enterprise: solutions division of Google enterprises. It offers products such as applications and programs. Google Earth and Google Maps are examples of services that may be corporate oriented;
- DigitalGlobe: a global provider of satellite images for commercial use since 1993. One of the company's great achievement is QuickBird satellite, launched in 2001;
- GeoEye: company that operates in the acquisition, processing and analysis of geospatial data and satellite images;
- GeoMax: developer and distributor company of instruments in the area of topography. It is part of the Hexagon Group;
- Topcon Corporation: It has been in business since 1932, providing instruments in the areas of topography and precision agriculture;
- TomTom: Dutch manufacturer of GPS navigators, founded in 1991. It is in over 40 countries. Two years ago the company bought Tele Atlas, a provider of maps;
- How did the event start? MundoGEO # Connect LatinAmerica came about from the perception of its founders on issues that resonate the most in the major social networks, in surveys on subscription magazines and visitors to the MundoGEO portal. Thus, one objective of the event is to connect, either in person or online, users, experts and decision makers in the area of geo, so there is an exchange of ideas on current issues of the geospatial industry in Brazil and Latin America.
- How is the workspace? The number of auditoriums for the activities of MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica 2012 was enlarged by 100% in relation to the 2011 event. Also, in this edition, the venues at the products expo and services were increased by 50%.
Click here to access the floor plan of the expo and meet the companies which will exhibit their products and services. Free access to the expo is granted for users and industry professionals.
- Who attends the MundoGEO # Connect LatinAmerica? The data collected in the 2011 edition showed that 32% of the participants are directors and 33% managers or coordinators, 50% are from the private sector and 36% in the public sector and the areas with higher percentages of interest are the environment, natural resources, utilities, infrastructure and land planning.
- How was the first edition of the event? In 2011, there were more than 100 speakers, including representatives of international companies such as Joel Campbell, the president of Erdas, Tarun Bhatnagar, director of corporate geo of Google for Latin America; Wolfgang Bidermann, executive of RapidEye; Dale Lutz, vice president of product development at Safe Software, and Mike Renslow, representative of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS). Click here to access the lectures of MundoGEO # Connect 2011.
- What's new in LatinAmerica MundoGEO # Connect 2012? According to Emerson Granemann, director and publisher of MundoGEO Group, the event will have several seminars, workshops and side events that will discuss trends in GIS, remote sensing, surveying, GPS and spatial data infrastructures in the areas of oil & gas, mining, government, agribusiness, environment, among others. "We have a lot of innovations in this second edition. The award ceremony was expanded to choose the best professionals, institutions, companies and brands, upon voting on the Internet throughout the geo community, "says Emerson.
- How can I participate? Registrations for the event are already open. Click here to check course packages, seminars and forums of MundoGEO # Connect LatinAmerica 2012;
MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica 2012 counts with the sponsor of:
- Santiago & Cintra Geo-tecnologias, that represents Trimble, Topcon, Faro and Optech;
- Furtado Schmidt, that represents Garmin, Nikon and Spectra Precision;
- Hexagon, one of the most important groups in the metrology sector, and Leica Geosystems, Erdas, Intergraph and Sisgraph detainer;
- Alezi Teodolini, that represents Ashtech and Datageosis.
About MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica 2012
MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica 2012, the largest event in geospatial industry in Latin America will take place from May 29th to 31st at Frei Caneca Convention Center, in São Paulo (SP). Holding the theme "Sharing information for a better world", the expectation is to gather 10,000 professionals from the sector, among those participating in the seminars and courses, the visitors of the trade fair and the ones connected from distance through webinar and social nets. The event is an accomplishment of MundoGEO, along with the disclosure from MundoGEO and InfoGPS web portals, MundoGEO and A Mira magazines, and it also counts on the international support from OGC, ISPRS and Gita, and disclosure from Directions Magazine, GIM International, V1 Magazine, Professional Surveyor and Geo Connexion. The first edition of MundoGEO#Connect was held from June 14th to June 16th, 2011, in São Paulo, and gathered more than 7,500 people.
MundoGEO, which promotes MundoGEO#Connect LatinAmerica, has been working in the production of content for printed and online media, trade fairs, seminars, courses and webinars in the geoinformation industry since 1998. It also publishes one important magazine addressed to the sector: MundoGEO, about satellite images, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), land surveying and cartography. In this area the company counts on MundoGEO Web Portal, which provides daily content in Portuguese, Spanish and English, and which is a leader in the number of visitors in Latin America. In content partnership with UOL, it acts in the Location Based Services (LBS) area with InfoGPS Portal, which, along with MundoGEO, has over 70,000 registered professionals and more than 15,000 thousand followers in the social nets. In relation to the sustainability area, it maintains “Atitude Sustentável” Web Portal, also in partnership with UOL.
Assessoria de Imprensa
Tel.: +55 (41) 3338 7789
Email: Email Contact