Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
To supplement MoSys’ consolidated financial statements presented in accordance with GAAP, MoSys uses non-GAAP financial measures that exclude from the statement of operations the effects of stock-based compensation and amortization of recorded intangible assets. MoSys’ management believes that the presentation of these non-GAAP financial measures is useful to investors and other interested persons because they are one of the primary indicators that MoSys’ management uses for planning and forecasting future performance. MoSys’ management believes that the presentation of non-GAAP financial measures that exclude these items is useful to investors because MoSys’ management does not consider these charges part of the day-to-day business or reflective of the core operational activities of the Company that are within the control of management or that would be used to evaluate management’s operating performance.
Investors are encouraged to review the reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to the comparable GAAP results, which is provided in a table below the Condensed Consolidated Statements of Operations. The non-GAAP financial measures disclosed by the Company should not be considered a substitute for, or superior to, financial measures calculated in accordance with GAAP, and the financial results calculated in accordance with GAAP and reconciliations to those financial statements should be carefully evaluated. The non-GAAP financial measures used by the Company may be calculated differently from, and therefore may not be comparable to, similarly titled measures used by other companies. For additional information regarding these non-GAAP financial measures, and management’s explanation of why it considers such measures to be useful, refer to the Form 8-K dated October 18, 2013, which the Company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements about the Company, including, without limitation, anticipated benefits and performance expected from our IC products and the Company’s future markets and future business prospects.
Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and expectations of future events that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results and trends may differ materially from historical results or those projected in any such forward-looking statements depending on a variety of factors. These factors include, but are not limited, to the following:
- achieving additional design wins for Bandwidth Engine ICs;
- commencing volume shipments of Bandwidth Engine ICs;
- our ability to enhance our existing proprietary technologies and develop new technologies;
- achieving necessary acceptance of our IC architecture and interface protocols by potential customers and their suppliers;
- difficulties and delays in the development, production, testing and marketing of our ICs;
- reliance on our manufacturing partners to assist successfully with the fabrication of our ICs;
- availability of quantities of ICs supplied by our manufacturing partners at a competitive cost;
- our lack of recent experience as a fabless semiconductor company making and selling proprietary ICs;
- level of intellectual property protection provided by our patents, the expenses and other consequences of litigation, including intellectual property infringement litigation, to which we may be or may become a party from time to time;
- vigor and growth of markets served by our customers and our operations; and
other risks identified in the Company’s most recent report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other reports that MoSys files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. MoSys undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason, except as required by law, even as new information becomes available or other events occur in the future.
About MoSys, Inc.
MoSys, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOSY) is a fabless semiconductor company enabling leading equipment manufacturers in the networking and communications systems markets to address the continual increase in Internet users, data and services. The company’s solutions deliver data path connectivity, speed and intelligence while eliminating data access bottlenecks on line cards and systems scaling from 100G to multi-terabits per second. Engineered and built for high-reliability carrier and enterprise applications, MoSys’ Bandwidth Engine® and LineSpeed™ IC product families are based on the company’s patented high-performance, high-density intelligent access and high-speed serial interface technology, and utilize the company’s highly efficient GigaChip™ Interface. MoSys is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. More information is available at http://www.mosys.com.
Bandwidth Engine and MoSys are registered trademarks of MoSys, Inc.
in the US and/or other countries. Bit Safe, GigaChip, LineSpeed and the
MoSys logo are trademarks of MoSys, Inc. All other marks mentioned
herein are the property of their respective owners.