PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Mar 11, 2014 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced a series of new HP Officejet Pro inkjet printers designed to simplify printing for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
SMBs are looking to ink technology for their printing needs because of the cost savings, improved print speeds and added functionality ink delivers. By 2016, business inkjet printers are expected to represent 56 percent of all print devices used by U.S. businesses.(1) Delivering on this need, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 series is compatible with services such as HP Instant Ink and features like mobile print and print management solutions to help business owners save time and money, allowing them to focus on their business.
"Small business owners are constantly looking for ways to reduce operating costs and increase productivity," said Stephen Nigro, senior vice president, Inkjet and Printing Solutions and Graphics Solutions Business, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP. "These new inkjet printers deliver the high-quality printing our customers expect, while helping reduce costs and increase efficiency with the availability of HP Instant Ink replacement service and the latest mobile print technology."
Business printing made simple
Giving SMBs a competitive edge, the new HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One, HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One and HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One offer high-quality color printing for up to 50 percent lower cost per page compared to color laser printers.(2) Additionally, the new devices help SMBs increase productivity with easy printer management through HP Web Jetadmin(3) and streamlined content organization and access through the cloud with HP Flow CM Professional.(4)
The suite of new HP Officejet Pro printers are eligible for HP Instant Ink, HP's ink replacement service that can save customers up to 50 percent on ink.(5) With HP Instant Ink, customers can enroll in one of three monthly plans allowing the printer to order Original HP replacement cartridges before the ink runs out.(6) The plans are based on the number of pages printed, not cartridges used, and customers pay a low monthly fee whether printing high-quality black and white, color documents or photos.
These new HP Officejet Pro 8600 series printers meet Mopria global standards for delivering simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. The devices support mobile printing solutions already available on most smartphones and tablets such as HP ePrint, wireless direct and other solutions.(7) For added efficiency, the HP Officejet Pro 8630 and 8620 offer cutting-edge NFC touch-to-print capabilities that let users simply tap a device directly to the printer for instant document printing.(8)
Pricing and availability(9)
- The HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One is expected to be available for a starting price of $199 in select countries starting April 7.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One -- featuring a 4.3-inch color display, faster printing and scanning speeds than the HP Officejet Pro 8610, and a 50-page automatic document feeder -- is expected to be available for a starting price of $299 in select countries starting April 7.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One -- a step up from the HP Officejet Pro 8620, includes an additional paper tray, color cartridges and OCR software -- is expected to be available for a starting price of $399 in select countries starting May 5.
All models will be rolled out to additional countries throughout the spring.
HP Instant Ink is currently available in the United States, and is expected to be expanded to additional countries this year.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) InfoTrends, "Is Inkjet Printing Technology Ready to Transform the U.S. Office Printing Environment," March 2013.
(2) Cost per page claim compares the majority of color laser all-in-ones < $500, August 2013; details are available at hp.com/officejet. Officejet Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; details are available at hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(3) HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
(4) HP Flow CM Professional is available through select HP partners in the United States and Canada only.
(5) Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink Service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared to the cost per page ("CPP") of the majority of color inkjet printers < $399, market share reported by IDC Q3 2013. CPP comparisons for standard-capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by Gap Intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports Q3 2013. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed.
(6) Based on plan usage (without excessive overages), internet connection to an eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in the geographic area.
(7) Capabilities may vary by device and operating system. Requires the printer be connected to the same network as the compatible mobile device. Remote printing requires an internet connection to an HP web-connected printer, HP ePrint app and HP ePrint account registration. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with a service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Details are available at hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Mobile device must be directly connected to the printer's wireless network prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point in the printer.
(8) Mobile device must support NFC-enabled printing.
(9) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2539304