GRAPEVINE, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 28, 2014 — GameStop, a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards™ members an unforgettable experience in meeting celebrities and video gaming luminaries, getting autographs and playing games months before release at the ultimate event for gaming fans: GameStop EXPO at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA on Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 9-10.
GameStop EXPO attendees will have the chance to meet the following special guests during the event on Wednesday, Sept. 10:
- WWE Superstar Seth Rollins from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the 2K booth
- UFC fighter and Brazilian mixed martial artist Rafael Souza dos Anjo in the Alienware booth from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- McFarlane Toys Founder and Legendary Spawn artist, Todd McFarlane at 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. in the McFarlane Toys booth. See all the newest action figures and statues from McFarlane Toys including those from AMC’s The Walking Dead, WWE, Assassin Creed, HALO, Rabbids, NFL, NBA and MLB.
- One of the industry’s brightest stars: Nolan North. Well known for his voice work as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series, Desmond Miles from Assassin’s Creed, the Penguin in Batman: Arkham City and many more memorable characters, North will be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Ashly Burch, the voice of Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2, will be also be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Greg Horn, illustrator of Death of Wolverine in the Diamond Comics booth 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Back by popular demand, a selection of Game Informer magazine editors will be in-the-house. Swing by the Game Informer booth, have a chat about their favorite games and grab a free collector’s edition poster.
For other photo opportunities, fans can:
- Have the opportunity to meet and take a picture with the Power Rangers Super Megaforce and then try out the new game at the Bandai Namco booth
- See the action-packed Sunset Overdrive and then mix and match different backgrounds and characters to put themselves in a “3D” Sunset Overdrive landscape and share with friends
- Become part of the epic, dark fantasy world of Dragon Age: Inquisition and take a photo in the Skyhold Thorne in the EA booth. Take the photo with you and post it instantly to your favorite social network.
- Become an EA SPORTS cover athlete and get in the game! Have your photo put on the cover of FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15, NHL 15 or UFC in the EA booth.
Gamers can also play with some of the newest and most anticipated games coming soon, including:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Far Cry 4
- Project Cars
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
- The Crew
- Dead Island 2
- Escape Dead Island
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Naruto Shippudden: Ultimate Ninja® Storm Revolution
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
- Evil Within
- Forza Horizon 2
- Hyrule Warriors
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Theatrythm Curtain Call
- NBA 2K15
- WWE 2K15
- Just Dance 2014
- Shape Up
Plus, EXPO goers will also be among the first to demo or see:
- The newest title of the Alien™ franchise, Alien: Isolation, come to life and showcase the true meaning of fear with an immersive gaming experience. A customized replica of the iconic egg from the Alien series will be onsite putting gamers in a solitary gaming pod for a unique, chilling, fear-inducing event.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity and Assassin’s Creed Rogue in Ubisoft’s Showcase Open Theater along with an exhibit of Assassin’s Creed costumes.
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- The Order: 1886
- Nintendo’s new amiiboTM figures on display. The amiibo figures are designed to connect and interact with compatible games for the Wii U console
- Alienware Alpha – The new console from Alienware, powered by Steam Big Picture, that allows gamers to have quick and easy access to thousands of their favorite Steam games on a big screen TV
- The PlayStation truck to celebrate Destiny’s launch and see why the ultimate Destiny experience is only on PlayStation
Plus, GameStop EXPO is a prime spot to win prizes from the leading companies in the video gaming and mobile electronics industries. Show attendees can:
- Get their hands on great giveaways from McFarlane Toys
- Take the Lords of the Fallen™ Catacombs Challenge to win an exclusive T-shirt
- Dress as Batman or their favorite DC Comics hero or villain to win great prizes
Win prizes or bragging rights in competing in tournaments at the show. Be admitted early with your VIP pass on Tuesday, September 9, hang out in the VIP lounge, attend panels featuring industry insiders, and go to battle in the tournaments on the Battle Stage while wearing PDP Afterglow Xbox One and PS4 headsets. The finals from each tournament will take place the next day. You can smash the competition playing Super Smash Bros., Just Dance, Madden NFL 15, Mario Kart 8, Titanfall and Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Attendees shouldn’t miss the hottest spot at the GameStop EXPO, GameStop’s Store on the Floor, which will have souvenirs, collectibles and other gaming gear available for purchase. Supplies are limited so customers will need to stop by early for their chance to grab some favorite items, such as:
- The Death of Wolverine comic book from Marvel with an exclusive cover available for purchase for $4.99. In a limited run, this cover was drawn by Greg Horn and is exclusive to GameStop.
- Replicas like the Batman Grapnel (a GameStop Exclusive), Gears of War Lancer and Half Life Gravity Gun
- High-end costumes and apparel from major franchises like Watchdogs and Halo
- Ultra-cool collectables from Dark Horse, DC, and Funko
GameStop EXPO is also about the latest in consumer electronics:
- Check out NVIDIA’s new gaming-oriented Shield Tablet and Wi-Fi Direct Controller
- Learn more about ASUS’ new Android tablet: the MeMO Pad 7 and their Windows 8 Transformer Book T100
- Meet the newest gaming console, especially designed for the littlest gamers, ages 3-6: LeapTV from Leap Frog
Need to re-charge? Stop by the EA SPORTS lounge where you can charge your phone all while playing upcoming and new releases from EA SPORTS!
GameStop EXPO 2014 will take place September 9-10 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. For more information about GameStop EXPO 2014 and to register for the show, visit www.gamestop.com/expo.
Ticket purchases are payable with PowerUp Rewards™ points or credit card, online at www.gamestop.com/expo or at your local GameStop store. For more information on becoming a GameStop PowerUp Rewards member, visit www.PowerUpRewards.com.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 6,600 stores across 15 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and www.buymytronics.com, an online consumer electronics trade-in platform. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes our Simply Mac, Spring Mobile and Cricket stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 23 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, http://springmobile.com, sells post-paid AT&T services and wireless products through its 210 AT&T branded stores. Cricket Wireless, www.cricketwireless.com, is a new AT&T brand offering pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories. We operate 37 Cricket stores in select markets throughout the United States.