Drawing inspiration from Florida's waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs treats guests to a one-of-a-kind Disney experience amid beautiful open-air promenades, flowing springs and waterfront charm.
Disney Springs will include four interconnected neighborhoods: The Landing, Marketplace, West Side and Town Center. When Disney Springs is fully completed in 2016, the number of shopping, dining and entertainment venues will increase from the current 75 to more than 150.
New to Disney Springs is The Landing, home to unique shopping locations and memorable dining experiences, including the recently opened Morimoto Asia and Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar.
Coming soon to Disney Springs, Town Center will be a diverse mix of retailers – including premium, affordable luxury and fast fashion options – and unique restaurants. Click here to read more about the new shopping and dining locations coming to Disney Springs in 2016.
With more exciting venues to come, new dining and shopping open now at Disney Springs includes:
- Morimoto Asia -- Morimoto Asia is a one-of-a-kind dining experience from Chef Masaharu Morimoto. This Japanese master chef's first pan-Asian restaurant provides flavors from across Asia with unique exhibition kitchens showcasing the continent's traditions. Included among them are street-food stalls, Peking duck carving and dim sum. Designed by STUDIO V Architecture and located at The Landing, Morimoto Asia's extraordinary, 36-foot tall, two-story layout includes open terraces, grand halls, private rooms, a cocktail lounge, waterside seating and more.
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar -- An aviation-themed lounge, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar at The Landing at Disney Springs is tucked between Paradiso 37 and The BOATHOUSE restaurant, this new venue features unique cocktails and small plates. Ardent fans of the "Indiana Jones" films may recognize Jock Lindsey as Indy's frequent pilot. In the main room, guests will discover an expansive bar, aviation decor filling the room, vintage travel posters covering the walls and correspondence between Jock, Indy and their fellow adventurers on display.
- The BOATHOUSE -- An incredible culinary experience is showcased in the expansive restaurant with nautical-themed rooms, two private dining rooms for special events, and three distinctive bars. Guests will enjoy a gourmet menu with steaks, chops, seafood and a raw bar, served until 2 a.m. daily. This upscale, waterfront-dining experience immerses guests both on land and on water. There's live music, plus guided tours aboard a 40-foot Italian Water Taxi and Amiphicar rides that launch from land, enter the water and take guests on a 20-minute tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs.
- Paradiso 37: Paradiso 37 recently expanded its outdoor dining to take advantage of its beautiful waterfront setting. As part of its renovation, the restaurant is doubling its seating, adding more terrace dining and building a new outdoor performance stage.
- Apex by Sunglass Hut -- A first-of-its-kind sunglass store that was built with the athlete in mind. This retail location showcases the industry's best selection of sport performance and lifestyle eyewear including Oakley, Ray-Ban, and Under Armour. In order for guests to choose a lens to best suit their needs, Apex has developed environmental simulators so guests can test out how a specific lens will perform under a variety of light conditions.
- The Art of Shaving -- A boutique retail offering that sells high-end shaving supplies and related grooming products for the modern man. Founded by a husband and wife in a Manhattan apartment, The Art of Shaving has grown to a worldwide organization that is still nurtured by the founders' talents and passion. Guests can receive expert shaving advice on products and techniques, or make an appointment for a luxurious grooming experience at the Barber Spa.
- Chapel Hats -- A fashion forward shop that specializes in an assortment of hats for guests of all ages. The location carries stylish hats including fedoras, cowboy hats, floppy hats, outdoors hats, kid's hats and more. Every Chapel Hats location is themed to a different time period and is built by using old pieces of shops, factories, schools, pubs and churches from a bygone era.
- Dockside Margaritas -- Dockside Margaritas treats guests to thirst-quenching margaritas made with fresh, all-natural products. Using authentic Florida ingredients whenever possible, the location (at the Marketplace) features unique theming reminiscent of a 1960s Florida roadside fruit stand. In addition to margaritas, the menu includes select frozen beverages, wine, bottled and draft beer. There is ample seating for guests and a built-in entertainment area.
- Erin McKenna Bakery NYC -- A unique bakery with savory offerings and an all-vegan and gluten-free menu. Look for a full selection of award-winning donuts, cupcakes, cookies, bagels with vegan butter, and other delicious items daily. Some of their fan-favorite cupcakes from their flagship bakery in New York and sister bakery in Los Angeles include vanilla cupcakes with zesty lemon frosting, red velvet cupcakes with creamy vanilla frosting and brownie cupcakes with rich chocolate frosting.
- Erwin Pearl – Specializing in fashion jewelry and accessories, Erwin Pearl features hand-painted French enamels, 22k gold plating, sterling silver and freshwater pearls. The New York City-based company manufactures more than 80 percent of their products in U.S. factories, including earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, pins, watches and scarves. Erwin Pearl began his career as a diamond cutter and is recognized as one of the country's foremost fine jewelry designers.
- Havaianas -- A Brazilian-based shoe store that offers fashionable flip flops made with the highest quality rubber -- with hundreds of styles to choose from. This store features a large assortment of colorful Havaianas for women, men and children, plus kids' rain boots. There's also the "Make Your Own Havaianas" and "Embellish Your Own Havaianas," option, where guests can customize this casual footwear.
- Sanuk -- Innovative, fun and comfortable footwear with more than 175 designs is available at this 1,000-square-foot venue. Taking its name from the Thai word for "fun," Sanuk strives to make more innovative products that are as much about funk as they are about function. Favorite styles including Yoga Mat Sandal Collection and its patented "Not-A-Shoe" Sidewalk Surfers will be showcased.
- Sound Lion -- A new retail concept that offers the latest technology in headphones, docking stations, wireless music players and other products. Before purchasing a product, guests can hang out at their Listening Bar and find which product works best for them.
- Tea Traders Cafe by Joffrey's -- Tea Traders Cafe by Joffrey's specializes in premium loose-leaf teas (hot, iced, blended) featuring customs blends, accessories and packaged teas from all over the globe; created to go or for a tea experience in the cafe.
- Vivoli Gelateria -- A family-run gelato shop, Vivoli Gelateria serves up gelato that is made with fresh, top-quality ingredients using the exact same recipes from the original shop in Italy. (The storefront at Disney Springs is the second for Vivoli, the first outside of Italy.) The artisans use local and seasonal products, with cocoa powder, hazelnut and pistachio imported from Italy. In addition to their signature gelato, Vivoli Gelateria also serves traditional Italian panini, biscotti, espresso and tarts.
While Disney Springs continues to grow at Walt Disney World Resort in the space once occupied by Downtown Disney, Disneyland Resort still remains home to a vibrant and popular Downtown Disney District in California.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/downtown-disney-officially-becomes-disney-springs-with-enticing-new-dining-and-exciting-retail-experiences-300151574.html
SOURCE Walt Disney World Resort
|Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Public Relations, 407-566-6397