Awards Ceremony to Take Place Sunday, November 1, 2015 at the Beverly Hilton HotelHOLLYWOOD, Calif., Oct. 20, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — dick clark productions announced today that two-time Academy Award-nominated actor Will Smith will be honored with the "Hollywood Actor Award" for his performance in Concussion, and Academy Award-winning actress Jane Fonda will receive the "Hollywood Supporting Actress Award" for her role in Paolo Sorrentino's Youth. The "19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards" will be hosted by critically and globally acclaimed actor, comedian and late night talk show host, James Corden. The awards ceremony will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, on Sunday, November 1, 2015.
The Hollywood Film Awards, the official launch of the awards season®, has recognized excellence in the art of cinema and filmmaking for 18 years, honoring some of the world's biggest stars. More than one hundred honorees have gone on to garner Oscar nominations and wins.
"Will Smith and Jane Fonda, two of Hollywood's finest actors, deliver tour de force performances in Concussion and Youth," said Allen Shapiro, CEO of dick clark productions. "We are thrilled to have them join the star-studded list of honorees at this year's ceremony."
About Will Smith
Two-time Academy Award® nominee Will Smith has enjoyed unprecedented success in a career encompassing films, television and multi-platinum records. For his memorable portrayal of Muhammad Ali in Michael Mann's Ali, he received his first Academy Award® nomination, which was followed by his second nomination for the true-life drama, The Pursuit of Happyness. Smith recently wrapped production on the David Ayer-directed Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. Pictures. Based on the DC comic book, Smith will play Deadshot opposite Jared Leto, Joel Kinnaman, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne. The film is slated for release on August 5, 2016.
Will Smith stars in CONCUSSION, a dramatic thriller based on the incredible true David vs. Goliath story of American immigrant Dr. Bennet Omalu, the brilliant forensic neuropathologist who made the first discovery of CTE, a football-related brain trauma, in a pro player and fought for the truth to be known. Omalu's emotional quest puts him at dangerous odds with one of the most powerful institutions in the world. The film also stars Alec Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Arliss Howard, Paul Reiser, with David Morse and Albert Brooks. A Columbia Pictures presentation in association with LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures, the film is written and directed by Peter Landesman, based on the GQ article "Game Brain" by Jeanne Marie Laskas, and produced by Ridley Scott, Giannina Scott, David Wolthoff, Larry Shuman and Elizabeth Cantillon, and executive produced by Michael Schaefer, David Crockett, Ben Waisbren, Bruce Berman and Greg Basser. The film is slated for release on December 25, 2015.
About Jane Fonda
Jane Fonda, is a two- time Academy Award® winner (Best Actress in 1971 for Klute and in 1978 for Coming Home), a three-time Golden Globe® winner, and was the 2014 recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award. Along with starring roles in dozens of highly acclaimed productions, Fonda also took on responsibilities as a film and television producer. Her credits include Coming Home, The China Syndrome, Nine to Five, Rollover, On Golden Pond, The Morning After and The Dollmaker. In 2007 Fonda received an Honorary Palme d'Or from the Cannes Film Festival, one of only three people ever to be granted this honor until then. In 2009 she received a Tony Award nomination for her role in Moisés Kaufman's 33 Variations, on Broadway. In 2011, Fonda appeared in Et Si On Vivait Tous Ensemble, a French comedy, followed by Peace, Love & Misunderstanding, co-starring Catherine Keener. She appeared as Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels's The Butler in 2013, and with Olivia Wilde and Sam Rockwell in Better Living Through Chemistry. In 2014, she starred in director Shawn Levy's This is Where I Leave You, with Tina Fey and Jason Bateman. For three seasons Fonda appeared as media mogul Leona Lansing in an Emmy nominated performance in Aaron Sorkin's The Newsroom, on HBO. She will next be seen in Youth, opening in the United States on December 4th. Written and directed by Paolo Sorrentino (director and co-writer of Italy's Academy Award® winning Best Foreign Language Film The Great Beauty), and acquired by Fox Searchlight at this year's Cannes International Film Festival, the critically-acclaimed film explores the lifelong bond between two friends (played by Michael Caine, and Harvey Keitel) vacationing in a luxury Swiss Alps lodge as they ponder retirement.
Previously announced honorees for this year's show include:
- Robert De Niro – "Hollywood Career Achievement Award"
- Ridley Scott – "Hollywood Producer Award" for The Martian
- Tom Hooper – "Hollywood Director Award" for The Danish Girl
- Carey Mulligan – "Hollywood Actress Award" for Suffragette
- Benicio Del Toro – "Hollywood Supporting Actor Award" for Sicario
- Joel Edgerton – "Hollywood Breakout Actor Award" for Black Mass
- Saoirse Ronan – "New Hollywood Award" for Brooklyn
- Alicia Vikander – "Hollywood Breakout Actress Award" for The Danish Girl
- Cast of Straight Outta Compton: Corey Hawkins, O'Shea Jackson Jr. & Jason Mitchell – "Hollywood Breakout Ensemble Award"
- Amy Schumer – "Hollywood Comedy Award" for Trainwreck
- Adam McKay – "Hollywood Breakthrough Director Award" for The Big Short
- Tom McCarthy and Josh Singer – "Hollywood Screenwriter Award" for Spotlight
- Furious 7 – "Hollywood Blockbuster Award"
- Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth – "Hollywood Song Award" for their hit "See You Again" from the Furious 7 soundtrack
- Asif Kapadia – "Hollywood Documentary Award" for Amy
- Inside Out, directed by Pete Docter – "Hollywood Animation Award"
- Janusz Kaminski – "Hollywood Cinematography Award," for Bridge of Spies
- Alexandre Desplat – "Hollywood Film Composer Award" for The Danish Girl and Suffragette
- David Rosenbloom – "Hollywood Editor Award" for Black Mass
- Tim Alexander – "Hollywood Visual Effects Award" for Jurassic World
- Gary Rydstrom – "Hollywood Sound Award" for Bridge of Spies
- Sandy Powell – "Hollywood Costume Design Award" for Cinderella
- Lesley Vanderwalt – "Hollywood Make-Up & Hair Styling Award" for Mad Max: Fury Road
- Colin Gibson – "Hollywood Production Design Award" for Mad Max: Fury Road