Cubic Global Defense to demonstrate wide range of solutions to fulfill Special Operations Command requirements
SAN DIEGO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 19, 2016 — Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a business unit of Cubic Corporation ( NYSE: CUB), today announced it will showcase advanced training from NEK Services in addition to comprehensive Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions for current and future Special Operations Command (SOCOM) requirements at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) held in Tampa, Florida from May 23 – 26. With the theme, “Evolving the Network to Counter Emerging Threats,” SOFIC provides a forum for military, including partner nations, government, academia and industry stakeholders to network and discuss how to best support global Special Operations Forces (SOF).
Cubic will highlight capabilities from NEK, a service line of CGD, which offers highly specialized training services as well as special and low-vis communications and training to a broad customer base, including the U.S. and partner nations’ defense, security and SOF. Cubic will also showcase its end-to-end C4ISR capabilities including “network on-the-move,” real-time Full Motion Video (FMV) management, Satellite Communications (SATCOM) and Cross-Domain (XD) solutions. Enhanced training solutions for SOF operators such as the Social Media Replication Tool and Virtual Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (V-ISR) will also be featured at the show. In addition, industry partners Information Assurance Specialists, Echo Analytics Group and Cockleshell Corporation will be onsite to demonstrate how their capabilities integrate with Cubic’s comprehensive solutions.
“SOF operators face threats in an ever-changing environment and need specialized training for increased mission readiness,” said Bill Toti, president of Cubic Global Defense. “Cubic is focused on delivering customers training and communications products that offer interoperability, while addressing the present and future challenges faced not only by U.S SOCOM but also the global SOF network.”
Cubic will demonstrate the following training, technologies and C4ISR solutions during SOFIC:
- Specialized SOF training and communications: NEK offers advanced special operations skills in addition to exercise design and support for defense and security institutions and units. Non-standard communications training and technology integration capabilities will also be featured.
- Real-Time FMV and networking solutions: TeraLogics’ cloud-based Unified Video® streaming software pairs real-time FMV and sensor metadata with geospatial imagery to create insight and generate actionable intelligence. DTECH Labs, which designs, manufactures and integrates diverse networking solutions, will host TeraLogics’ Unified Video through their stackable and secure Mobile Modular Micro-Secure Enclave (M3-SE) systems.
- SATCOM terminals: GATR’s ultra-portable antenna technology enables comparable performance to rigid deployable antennas of similar size, but with up to 85 percent reduction in the logistical size and weight, giving an operational and transportability advantage to both government and commercial industries.
- XD solutions: Cubic’s cross-domain transfer appliances include a full range of accredited and deployed solutions. These appliances address the critical need to transfer all classification levels of data, insuring fast, secure, reliable and cost-efficient cross-domain data management.
- V-ISR: Intific’s virtual ISR capabilities are developed with the intention to train analysts for potential real-world missions, unfamiliar scenarios and complex integrated multi-discipline events.
- Social Media Replication Toolkit: Intific’s visualization tool replicates the chaos, tempo and dynamic environment and landscape of the social media domain to enable training in a safe, secure and closed network.
Attendees can visit Cubic at the Skyway Meeting Room, Embassy Suites, across from the Tampa Convention Center for full viewing of all capabilities. Cubic subsidiaries’ GATR (booth #1235) and DTECH (booth #1524) will be featured in the main convention center.
Cubic will also be holding a silent auction to support the SOCOM community on Tuesday, May 24 at 6:00 p.m. EDT in the Skyway Meeting Room. Proceeds will benefit 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations T.F. Dagger Foundation and Teen Research Underwater Explorers (T.R.U.E).
Follow Cubic Global Defense at @CubicDefense and join the conversation with #CubicC4ISR and #SOFIC.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services focused in the transportation, defense training and secure communications markets. As the parent company of two major business units, Cubic’s mission is to increase situational awareness and understanding for customers worldwide. Cubic Transportation Systems is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services to create intelligent travel solutions for transportation authorities and operators. Cubic Global Defense is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company's website at www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
Laura Chon, 858-505-2181