Market-leading portfolio boosted with Dell EMC VxBlock System 1000, offering unprecedented flexibility and simplified lifecycle management
HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 13, 2018 — (PRNewswire) — News summary
- Dell EMC expands market-leading converged infrastructure portfolio with the new Dell EMC VxBlock System 10001
- Further simplifies data center operations and offers new options of storage and data protection from Dell EMC and compute and networking from Cisco–in one pre-integrated, turnkey system
- Reduces data center footprints by up to 60% with new architecture that pools and shares resources to maximize utilization
- Simplifies lifecycle assurance across mixed technologies in a single system, reducing time spent managing upgrades by up to 75%2
Dell EMC announces the expansion of its market-leading converged infrastructure (CI) system with the addition of the next generation Dell EMC VxBlock System 1000. The new system breaks the physical boundaries of traditional CI and offers enterprises even greater simplicity and flexibility to help accelerate their IT and digital transformation efforts.
The VxBlock 1000 is designed to support workloads of all types and includes a substantially broader choice of world class storage arrays, data protection and compute than previous-generation VxBlock Systems. This new system's all-in-one, multiple-technology design expands upon CI's promise by further simplifying IT infrastructure lifecycle management through extensive pre-validation. This enables IT staff to be freed from time-consuming administrative tasks, so they can focus on higher-value, business innovation projects.
"When customers deploy CI, what they are really looking to do is invest in technology that removes data center cost while, ultimately, improving outcomes," said Jeff Boudreau, president, Dell EMC Storage Division. "Our role is to deliver CI innovation that has the right mix and capacity of IT resources and data services that evolving applications require, but with pooled resources, so the data center is more efficient even as workload requirements change. We offer this with a focus on reducing administrative burden for IT teams under constant pressure to deliver more with less."
Next Generation Converged Infrastructure Further Simplifies Data Center Operations and Offers New Storage and Compute Options
The VxBlock 1000 builds on Dell EMC's industry leadership in CI with a host of new capabilities. These help enterprises reap greater benefits than ever before from a wider breadth of technologies than previously supported. These are in addition to traditional CI advantages such as lower operating expenses and a five-year return on investment of up to 640%.3 Compared to previous generation Dell EMC VxBlock Systems, the VxBlock 1000 offers improved:
- Business agility by applying the right mix and capacity of IT resources and data services that evolving applications require—when they need them. For the first time, customers can mix four types of storage arrays—Dell EMC Unity, VMAX, XtremIO, and Isilon—and now can opt for Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers, in addition to Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers, and a broad range of Dell EMC data protection products all in one system. Compared to previous generations, the VxBlock 1000 increases server scalability by 56% (from 512 to 800 servers) and now supports up to ten storage arrays.
- Data center efficiency by pooling resources to maximize system use, preventing stranded capacity and increasing return on investment while reducing rack space by up to 60 percent2. With pooling of diverse resources in a single system, customers can allocate and re-allocate pooled compute, storage and data protection resources to specific applications, as business and workload requirements change, instead of having to work across and manage multiple disparate systems.
- Operational simplicity by delivering a turnkey, engineered system with lifecycle assurance that frees up IT staff to focus on innovation. The VxBlock 1000's native support for mixed technologies offers improved simplicity for physical infrastructure, infrastructure administration and lifecycle management by reducing data center footprint (less cabinets, LAN and SAN switches, power supplies and system management hardware and software). In addition to offering fewer components to manage and support daily, the VxBlock 1000 can reduce overall system lifecycle administration time for multi-technologies by up to 75%.2
- The Dell EMC VxBlock 1000 is available for ordering globally beginning today via Dell EMC and its channel partners.
John Grieco, chief technology officer, The University of Vermont Health Network "Deploying Dell EMC VxBlock at the University of Vermont Health Network's infrastructure has helped build a seamless workflow with centralized management across our converged platform. This has greatly simplified our overall IT support and allowed us to enable better provider and patient outcomes while breaking new ground in the field of health. With the Dell EMC VxBlock 1000, we now have the ability to mix and match technologies for greater flexibility to optimize our data center technologies."
David Kloempken, director, Data Center Solutions, Cisco
"Our converged infrastructure collaboration with Dell EMC has created a multi-billion dollar industry. Dell EMC VxBlock was built on the premise that IT can be simpler to manage. With the flexibility and scale of the Dell EMC VxBlock System 1000, customers can continue to leverage the benefits of our latest data center innovations using Cisco UCS and Nexus 9000 to accelerate data center modernization."
Eric Sheppard, research director, enterprise storage and converged systems, IDC
"It's difficult to overstate the amount of effort Dell EMC has put into the design and continued support of enterprise converged systems. Converged systems like VxBlock 1000 offload the complexity and risk associated with managing enterprise-grade datacenter infrastructure so that IT teams can confidently focus on higher-value projects/tasks."
- Direct2DellEMC Blog: Dell EMC VxBlock 1000 Redefines IT Agility for the Enterprise
- IDC White Paper: Dell EMC Introduces the VxBlock System 1000
- ESG Lab Report: Dell EMC VxBlock System 1000
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and DECN
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @DellEMCNews
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
IDC Worldwide Quarterly Converged Systems Tracker, Q3 2017, December 21, 2017
2 ESG Lab Report Preview: Dell EMC VxBlock 1000, February 2018
3 IDC White Paper: "Dell EMC Introduces the VxBlock System 1000 and Sets a Path for the Future of Enterprise Converged Systems," sponsored by Dell EMC, January 2018
View original content with multimedia: