- Print high-performance applications: Pack Ready for Labels, extended to HP’s entire labels and packaging portfolio, improves the performance against water, chemical, and temperature exposure based on a new UV curable additive added to off-the-shelf varnishes, cross-linking the label’s construction. With Pack Ready for Labels, converters can print more types of labels and eliminate costly lamination processes.
- Enhance brand protection: As leader in digital print solutions for brand protection, the HP Indigo 6900 supports a wide variety of solutions including inks and software tools. The newly introduced HP Indigo ElectroInk Invisible Yellow and Blue are only visible under UV light, delivering high performance for security applications. Coupled with new software and cloud-based solutions that allow anti-counterfeiting marks, micro text fonts, and protected track and trace solutions, converters can offer unique layered security, static and serialized, for brand protection.
- Open the full metallic gamut: HP Indigo ElectroInk Silver combines metallic effects with digital capabilities in one printing process, saving on metallic substrates and allowing innovation with clear media. The ink has been successfully adopted by over 100 customers and utilized for a variety of end-use markets including health and beauty, beverage, and household.
HP Indigo 20000 Expands Application Range and Features for Labels and Packaging
With over 150 HP Indigo 20000 units in the market, current and new converters will continue to benefit from continuous HP Indigo innovations that improve efficiencies through production. The digital press enables flexible packaging converters to disrupt the conventional flexible market. It helps label converters grow their business by diversifying to additional applications and large labels. New features and solutions debuting at Labelexpo showcase HP’s ability to help converters respond to market demands.
New capabilities allow users to:
- Print anything: With an extended media gamut and enhanced support of extra stretchable substrates and support of paper substrates up to 350 microns, converters can take on any print job. ILP 030 primer is now available for use with the HP Indigo 20000 opening new possibilities in pressure sensitive labels.
- Stand out from the rest: Premium White ElectroInk brings high opacity white printing to flexible packaging, shrink sleeves, IML and others with a thin, dry layer of ink ready for lamination and other post print process right off the press.
- Be sustainable: Concentrated ink reduces oily waste from the press by up to 50 percent compared to previous ink supplied, as well as reduced transportation impact1.
- Take on One-Step Production: Expanding the range of converting solutions, ABGs ILC760 enables efficient and economical one step applications production of applications including shrink sleeves, flexible packaging, IML, tubes, wrap around and more. The new ILC760 enables the top coating and slit-rewind in line with the press using industry standard water based and UV coatings.
HP Production Pro Enhanced for Full Portfolio Support
The latest Production Pro digital front end (DFE) is now available for HP Indigo 6x00 portfolio and HP Indigo 20000. The new DFE eliminates prepress bottlenecks by delivering scalable RIP performance to process today’s most complex jobs including mass customization, security, and variable brand protection data. Production Pro is up to five times faster compared to the previous versions2 and provides converters with a single point of control to manage production and colors across multiple HP Indigo digital presses. Color management is powered by Esko, enabling customers to manage color accurately, consistently, and predictably.
HP is also now offering Esko Automation Engine QuickStart for Labels, an out-of-the-box workflow solution that automates label production. It integrates with HP Indigo presses and MIS systems connecting the entire label production team via its intuitive web-browser based interface. Automation Engine QuickStart for Labels enables converters to handle up to 50 percent more jobs with the same headcount3 and meet tight production deadlines for short-run print jobs.
Introducing HP SmartStream Collage
HP SmartStream Collage, an automated variable design feature for HP Indigo printing, is making its worldwide debut at Labelexpo. Following the huge success of HP SmartStream Mosaic, HP SmartStream Collage allows converters to create large numbers of unique designs by manipulating elements randomly for unprecedented packaging impact. The new feature, part of HP SmartStream Designer, is expected to be available later this year.
HP PrintOS New Applications and Enhancements
With over 7000 converters and PSPs and 17,000 registered users globally, HP PrintOS is a secure, industry-leading cloud platform with web and mobile apps connected to HP presses and printers. PrintOS enables converters and PSPs to manage and control their print operation from anywhere at any time.
New PrintOS Advancements include:
- HP PrintOS Marketplace: A disruptive cloud-based solutions community to enable on-demand subscription to a wide variety of value-add workflow apps and licenses, plus a community of ideas, services and more, from HP and any third party vendor. The first third party apps on PrintOS Marketplace are:
- PACKZalyzer: Designed for labels and packaging, Hybrid Software’s PACKZalyzer automatically detects and corrects common print file issues such as barcode validation, white overprint, minimum link thickness, font size, and more.
- AutoFlow: A smart, scalable, rule-based pre-press automation solution from OneFlow Systems. It automates repetitive actions, including artwork fetching, checking, fixups, and page manipulations helping to speed time to print.
Additional HP PrintOS advancements include:
- PrintOS OEE: Empowers Converters to use the industry standard Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) methodology to gain insights into HP Indigo press efficiency.
- EPM Preflight: Using the HP Indigo EPM printing mode increases press productivity by up to 33 percent and reduces costs compared to traditional CMYK printing4. The new PrintOS EPM Preflight feature replaces manual file analysis and offers an effortless way to check Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM) compatibility of PDF files submitted to HP PrintOS Box. Within seconds, it provides a go, no-go decision regarding EPM compatibility of each job.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- Oily waste saving was calculated in Mass balance testing. Shipment saving was calculated by comparing ink shipment of 23% solids vs. 35% solids.
- Based on job basket analysis and field tests.
- Based on Esko’s calculations and assumption.
- An additional 1200 sheets to the 3600 original sheets equal to a 33% increase in productivity, when comparing CMYK to EPM printing (1200/3600).
Kaitlyn Dierkes, HP
©Copyright 2018 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9447aaa2-6d2a-4aee-bc7d-5ab5c994d0bd
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/01a02378-9a1c-4499-ba11-8a90b73cf1e6
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/472792b2-be2d-4cc5-b0b7-ecb6cdacf435
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/075c2b9a-4c7f-4203-acb9-3d4a896d8cca
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/0e8f9c8e-1bf7-443a-adda-ecc63299e027
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/8eae2d2e-9b76-4f2b-ae33-5da029877288