October 30, 2019 Naples, FL: 26 Degrees Software is proud to announce the release of ViewAQC™ for Revit 2020. ViewAQC is a QAQC application designed for referencing and coordinating Revit sheet views of a multi-model, multi-building Revit project. It manages and references sheet views from any Revit model into any other Revit model. A Revit 2D, 2.5D or 3D sheet view can be placed into Model #01, and a detail callout, section, elevation, or text note reference can be placed into Revit models #02, #03 or #103. The links are “live” and automatically update without a Revit “Synchronize with Central”.
New 2020 ViewAQC features include:
- Configure project models with one-touch functionality
- Request Cloud Configurations with one-touch functionality
These features reduce the barriers to entry in the configuration process and also allow the downloading of new versions and/or new builds to gain efficiency on new project setup.
ViewAQC works in Revit 2018, 2019 & Revit 2020 using any office new work environment and with any Autodesk cloud environment such as “BIM 360” (formerly known as “Collaboration for Revit” or “C4R”) and “Revit Server”. ViewAQC also includes a “usage” license format, allowing firms to manage all projects firmwide using a single license. Firms currently using ViewAQC on projects include:
Cannon Design / Perkins & Will / Gensler / AECOM / CCR Architecture & Interiors / Chick-Fil-A / Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds / Diamond Schmitt Architects / Edwards+Hotchkiss Architects / FAST+EPP / Haskell / HDR / HFA / HKS / HMFH / IBI Group / JNE Consulting / Joiner Architects / KCCT / Mayse & Associates / Michael Baker International / NBBJ / Renzo Piano Building Workshop / SHoP Architects / SMRT Inc. / Vertical Arts
Here are some quotes from current ViewAQC users:
Christine Cavataio | CHUM Senior Project Manager & Senior Vice President | Cannon Design explains:“Our project team of 150+ Revit users working on 41 Revit models in 10 Cannon offices around the world needed a tool to reference common details from model to model. ViewAQC™ provided a QAQC workflow that leveraged the management of sheet view callouts across a 6,000 sheet, Phase 1 architectural package set. We did not have the time nor the resources to manage Revit callouts by “duplicating” views within each model. ViewAQC™ was and remains a brilliant solution for managing multi-model callouts in Revit and the reason it’s being used firmwide at Cannon.”
Helen Gorina | LEED Green Associate & Regional Digital Practice Manager | Perkins+Will explains: ViewAQC™ works well with distributed teams in multiple offices, making collaboration much easier. ViewAQC™ solves the problem of referencing views contained on the sheets in different Revit models. ViewAQC™ has a robust user interface and project teams find it easy to learn. It has proven itself very resilient and includes utilities to check, diagnose, and repair broken links as well as utilities to track changes.”
Steven Rushmore | BIM/CAD Manager | Michael Baker International explains: ViewAQC’s functionality should have been built into Revit from the beginning. All of my concerns and questions were handled professionally and the price point was fair and non-reoccurring.
Melissa Stewart | LEED AP BD+C Digital Practice Office Leader | HDR explains: “ViewAQC so far has helped make our dummy callouts in Revit a thing of the past. We can reference our Envelope model right in our Interior model seamlessly. The ViewAQC team got us the training we needed and we were able to jump right into using it!
Natalie Madden | BIM Leader | Vertical Arts, Inc. explains: “ViewAQC has become an integral part of our BIM workflow on this project and we cannot imagine returning to the old ways of duplicating reference views and sheets for future multi-model projects.”
Architect, Associate and BIM Leader | Top 50 ENR 2018 Architectural Design Firm explains: “ViewAQC to be an integral part of our BIM workflow. Our Revit team members now “could not work without it.” It’s efficiency in managing references between linked models is generating interest among our other teams and offices. No more duplicating sheet views in each model in order to place typical project detail callouts. The ROI of ViewAQC is about 45 days per seat!”
Cyril Verley | RA & Sales Director | 26 Degrees Software explains: “Revit out-of-the-box does not have the ability to create references to views from another model. ViewAQC offers this unique functionality, critical to coordinating a large project’s document set by enabling multi-trade Revit project teams to cross-reference views across multiple Revit models.”
Here are some of the many benefits of using ViewAQC:
- Updates detail number/sheet number of any view in a Project model automatically in existing references placed across all other project models.
- Monitors references for broken links, intentional or accidental, and prompts for resolution.
- Updates to references in project models are logged into Comma Separated Value (.csv) files including date, time, model name, and username.
- Easily creates customized reports identifying any or all references in a set of documents. Quickly identify any references that require an update and issuance / re-issuance, based on submission criteria.
- Enables compilation of a set of vetted details based on best practices to drop into a project (of any size) and immediately begin referencing and customization, saving time and increasing profit.
- Enables management of all detail components in a single Revit model, reducing maintenance and magnitude of change on large projects.
- Reduces project model size by not having to store detail component families across multiple models.
- 26 Degrees Software LLC ( 26degreessoftware.com) provides comprehensive, project-centric and experience-based BIM software & application services to the global architecture, engineering, construction and operation (AEC&O) market. ViewAQC™ is a QAQC application designed for referencing and coordinating views across multiple models of a Revit® project. It manages and references views from any Revit® model into any other Revit model. ViewAQC is compatible with Revit® 2018, 2019 & 2020, and supports Revit Server and Collaboration for Revit®. ViewAQC can be used with any 2D, 2.5D, 3D view types & drafting / detailing views. ViewAQC™ also increases efficiency for projects of all sizes as they approach construction documentation, allowing a set of best practice details to be quickly and easily incorporated and managed. Please call today for a live (videoconference) demonstration at your convenience. For more information from 26 Degrees Software contact Cyril Verley by phone: +1 617-719-7474 or by email: Email Contact.
Link to 26DS web page: https://26degreessoftware.com/new-features-for-viewaqc-2020