The Magic Keyboard features USB-C pass-through charging, keeping the USB-C port on iPad Pro free for accessories including external drives and displays. The click-anywhere trackpad on the Magic Keyboard complements the touch-first design of iPad for easy navigation and precise adjustments, adding even more versatility and productivity to the iPad Pro experience.
Pricing and Availability
- The new iPad Pro is available to order starting today on Apple.com and in the Apple Store® app in 30 countries and regions, including the US. iPad Pro will be available in stores starting next week.
- The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be available in silver and space gray finishes. A starting configuration of 128GB offers pro customers more room for their apps and content, along with 256GB, 512GB and 1TB configurations.
- The 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799 (US) for the Wi-Fi model and $949 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model, and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $999 (US) for the Wi-Fi model and $1,149 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model from Apple.com.
- Education pricing is available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff and homeschool teachers of all grade levels. The new 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $749 (US) and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $899 (US). The second-generation Apple Pencil is available for $119 (US) and the new Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro is available for $159 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $179 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro for college students. The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro will be available for college students at $279 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $329 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. For more information visit: apple.com/us-hed/shop.
- iPadOS 13.4 with trackpad support will be available on March 24 as a free software update for all iPad Pro models, iPad Air® 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini® 4 and later.
- Trackpad support will be available on any iPad running iPadOS 13.4, and work with Apple’s Magic Mouse® 2, Magic Trackpad® 2 and the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro. Third-party mice connected over Bluetooth or USB are also supported.
- The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro will be available for purchase in May for $299 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $349 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- The second-generation Apple Pencil for iPad Pro is available for $129 (US). The new Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro is available in space gray for $179 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $199 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Customers in the US can trade in their eligible device for an Apple Store Gift Card or credit toward their purchase. If the device isn’t eligible for credit, Apple will recycle it for free.
- When customers buy online from Apple, they can make their iPad and Apple Pencil (2nd generation) their own with free engraving.
- Customers get 3 percent Daily Cash when they buy iPad from Apple with Apple Card™.
- Customers can extend their limited warranty with AppleCare®+ and get 24/7 priority access to technical support.
- Every customer who buys iPad from Apple can enjoy free Personal Setup in-store or online, and receive guidance on how to customize their iPad, set up email, find apps from the App Store and more.
1Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results may vary.
2When compared to the previous iPad Pro.
3Network speeds are dependent on carrier networks.
4The second-generation Apple Pencil sold separately.
5Smart Keyboard Folio sold separately.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms — iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For additional information visit Apple Newsroom ( www.apple.com/newsroom), or call Apple’s Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad Pro, Liquid Retina, iPadOS, iPad, macOS, Multi-Touch, Magic Keyboard, ProMotion, True Tone, ARKit, Safari, iWork, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iCloud, Apple Pencil, Smart Keyboard Folio, Apple Store, iPad Air, iPad mini, Magic Mouse®, Apple Card and AppleCare are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.