Winners Will Be Announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, Taking Place Nov. 3-5 in London
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 23, 2015 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2015 Be Inspired Awards program. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Ten independent jury panels comprising distinguished industry experts selected the 54 finalists from more than 360 nominations submitted by organizations in 55 countries.
The finalists will present their innovative projects in front of their peers, the jurors, and the more than 100 members of the media at The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, taking place Nov. 3-5 in London, U.K. This global gathering of leading figures in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations will feature:
- a series of thought-provoking keynotes by Bentley senior management as well as guest speakers comprising prominent industry thought leaders;
- interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance;
- informative industry forums featuring expert speakers from prominent organizations including American Electric Power, American Road & Transportation Builders Association, ARC Advisory Group, Atkins, Black & Veatch, Burns & McDonnell, ConnDOT, Fiatech, Highways England, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Robin Partington & Partners, and Trimble; and
- the announcement and celebration of the Be Inspired Award winners at an evening ceremony and gala.
The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference is an ideal opportunity for management-level executives in architecture firms, engineering firms, construction companies, and government or owner-operator organizations responsible for the design, delivery, and/or operations of infrastructure to share best practices and interact with infrastructure professionals from around the world. All those who submitted a nomination in the Be Inspired Awards program are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley Systems COO Malcolm Walter said, The Year in Infrastructure Conference is one of my favorite Bentley events. It provides, within a few focused days, inspiring presentations of the years most extraordinary advancements in infrastructure, coupled with valuable insights on the innovations in technology and best practices that are helping improve project delivery and asset performance. At the same time, attendees have ample opportunity to network with other infrastructure leaders who are shaping the future. As a bonus this year, the backdrop for the conference is once again London a city known for its remarkable skyline of landmark structures, many of which were designed and built by leading architectural, engineering, and construction organizations with the help of Bentley software. I look forward to welcoming the many senior executives from infrastructure organizations around the globe who will gather at the Hilton London Metropole in November for this engaging experience.
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2015 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- Network Rail LADS Programme (London, United Kingdom)
- SA Water Predictive and Operational Analytics Tools, Adelaide Metro Water Distribution Network (Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
- West Virginia Department of Transportation West Virginia Division of Highways Implementation of a Bentley Hosted SUPERLOAD System for Oversized/Overweight Vehicle Permitting and Routing (Charleston, West Virginia, United States)
Innovation in Bridges
- Finley Engineering Group, Inc. I-49 North (I-220 to Martin Luther King Drive) (Caddo Parish, Louisiana, United States)
- Finley Engineering Group, Inc., and Archer Western Contractors US 281 Bridge Over the Colorado River (Marble Falls, Texas, United States)
- LCW Consult The Ceira River Bridge (Coimbra, Coimbra District, Portugal)
Innovation in Building
- Engbras Park City: The Glebe (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Robin Partington and Partners One Merchant Square (London, United Kingdom)
- Sichuan Provincial Architectural Design and Research Institute Panzhihua Three-line Construction Museum (Panzhihua, Sichuan, China)
Innovation in Construction
- HDR Los Osos Wastewater Project (Los Osos, California, United States)
- Installation Company of the First Construction Engineering Limited Company of China Construction Third Engineering Bureau (South China) Zhiyue Youcheng Square (Foshan, Guangdong Province, China)
- Vics Crane & Heavy Haul, Inc. Unit 25 Project (Rosemount, Minnesota, United States)
Innovation in Government
- Shanghai Investigation, Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. Digital Engineering Practice of Ningbo Yongxin Sluice and Pump Station (Ningbo, Zhejiang, China)
- Singapore Land Authority Mapping Singapore in 3D (Singapore)
- Sydney Airport Airport Infrastructure Facilities Management (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
Innovation in Land Development
- Landinspektørfirmaet LE34 A/S Building Height Line-of-sight Restrictions From the Hermitage Palace (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Mortenson Construction Sanford Fargo Medical Center (Fargo, North Dakota, United States)
- Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd. Detailed Design of Utility Infrastructure (Dharampur, Gujarat, India)
Innovation in Megaprojects
- AECOM Dholera SIR (Dholera, Gujarat, India)
- AECOM E4 Stockholm Bypass FSK02 Rock Tunnels Design Contract (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Hatch Ltd Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station Project (Nelson River, Manitoba, Canada)
Innovation in Mining
- CCTEG Beijing Huayu Engineering Co, Ltd. 3D Standardized Design and Application of Main Power House of Xiaozhuang Mine Coal Preparation Plant (Bin County, Shaanxi, China)
- Changsha Design and Research Institute of Nonferrous Metallurgy Qulong Copper Polymetallic Deposits (Tibet, China)
- Tetra Tech Proteus Kvanefjeld Rare Earth: Uranium Project (Narsaq, Kujalleq, Greenland)
Innovation in Offshore
- Keystone Engineering Inc. Block Island Wind Farm (Block Island, Rhode Island, United States)
- Technology Inspection Center, Shengli Oilfield Branch, Sinopec Corp. Maintenance and Support Engineering of Chengdao Oilfield Offshore Platform (Dongying, Shandong, China)
- Zakum Development Company Structural Integrity Assessment of a Ship-impacted Wellhead Platform (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
Innovation in Power Generation
- Hatch Ltd Facility Design for the Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station (Nelson River, Manitoba, Canada)
- MWH Global Tyseley Resource Recovery Centre (Birmingham, West Midland, United Kingdom)
- Southern Company Engineering Metrics: Retrofit Projects (Bucks, Alabama, United States)
Innovation in Process Manufacturing
- Giprotyumenneftegaz Preliminary Water Removal Unit: North Vankor Field (Igarka, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Russia)
- Soyuzhimpromproekt Complex for Industrial Production of Methylchlorosilane (Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia)
- TASCO Chemical Corp. 25000 MTY Maleic Anhydride Revamping Project (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
Innovation in Project Delivery
- AECOM Global Project Collaboration in a Design-build-finance-operate (DBFO) World (Global)
- Arup ProjectWise BIM Project Template (United Kingdom, Middle East, and Africa)
- Parsons Foothill Gold Line Design Build Rail Project (Azusa, California, United States)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- HDR Union Station to Oak Cliff Streetcar TIGER Design-build Project (Dallas, Texas, United States)
- London Underground Ltd Bond Street to Baker Street Tunnel Remediation Project (London, United Kingdom)
- Track Access Services Limited Laser Positional Video Survey for Crossrail West (London, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Roads
- AECOM Roadmap for the Development of the E4 from Ljungby to Toftanäs (Ljungby and Toftanäs, Sweden)
- Grontmij A6 to Manchester Relief Road (Stockport, Manchester and Cheshire, United Kingdom)
- The Danish Road Directorate Herning to Holstebro (Holstebro, Jylland, Denmark)
Innovation in Structures
- Harper-Leavitt Engineering Decommissioning and Replacement of Del Rio Bridge on US 20 (St. Anthony, Idaho, United States)
- Medabil Sistemas Construtivos S.A. WTorre Morumbi (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd. SkyHouse Apartments (Denver, Colorado; Atlanta, Georgia; Orlando and Tampa, Florida; Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; Austin, Houston, and Dallas, Texas, United States)
Innovation in Utilities and Communications
- Dubai Municipality Inshaat: Utilities Management System (Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company Engineering Contractor Collaboration Solution Using ProjectWise and Bentley Substation (San Ramon, California, United States)
- Utility Mapping Services, Inc. SR-510 H.P. Gas Main (Lacey, Washington, United States)
Innovation in Water Network Analysis
- AECOM India Pvt. Ltd. Detailed Design of Infrastructure at Wave Hi Tech & Green Tech: An Emerging Beacon for BIM_4_Water (Delhi, India)
- Manila Water Company Boracay Island Water and Wastewater Master Plan (Boracay Island, Aklan, Philippines)
- Prolagos/Aegea Water Master Plan for the Região dos Lagos (Região dos Lagos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Innovation in Water Treatment Plants
- Aqua+ Complex Scheduling and Automatic Water Quality Monitoring of Groundwater (Khabarovsk, Far East Federal District, Russia)
- MWH Global Googong Water Recycling Plant (Googong, New South Wales, Australia)
- MWH Global Reedy Creek Permeate Treatment Facility (Reedy Creek, Queensland, Australia)
About Be Inspired Awards Program and The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference
Since 2004, the Be Inspired Awards program has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure projects around the world. The Be Inspired Awards program is unique the only competition of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all users of Bentley software, independent panels of industry experts select finalists for each category. For additional information, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
Bentleys Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. The conference features a series of presentations and interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance.
Bentleys Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference will include:
- The Project Delivery Summit (by invitation only)
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit (by invitation only)
- The Building and Facilities Forum
- The Rail and Road Forum
- The Oil, Gas, Offshore, and Mining Forum
- The Utilities Forum
- The Visions for the Future Forum
- The Be Inspired Awards Ceremony
The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference Sponsors
- Platinum: Microsoft
- Gold: ARC Advisory Group, Architectural Record, Electric Light & Power, Engineering News-Record, Geospatial Media + Communications, Infrastructure Intelligence, New Civil Engineer, Offshore, Power Engineering, and WaterWorld
For more details and a complete list of sponsors, including Silver level, click here.
On Nov. 2, more than 100 journalists from leading media outlets around the globe will gather at the Hilton London Metropole for Bentleys annual Media Day briefing. These journalists will also participate in The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference.
For additional information about The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference or to register, click here. Follow @bentleysystems and #YII2015 on Twitter. Like Bentley on Facebook: http://facebook.com/bentleysystems
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentleys annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference website for highlights of Bentleys premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards program, access Bentleys Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
Bentley, the B Bentley logo, Be, SUPERLOAD, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.