EDA Manager: Job Description -
This is a key leadership role within the Software Engineering Group, with primary responsibility for the design, development and full life cycle development/support of state of the art EDA tools for FPGA devices.
The role holder leads a team of 5+ s/w developers to build tools to support new QuickLogic devices. The role requires a strong technical knowledge and presence, with the ability and desire to lead, coach and mentor subordinates with varying levels of experience.
The role holder is also a senior level individual contributor and must be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, anticipate problems, while driving “ best in class” software development practices
• 6+ years of prior experience in EDA/FPGA tools development with a minimum of 2 years in a project management or engineering leadership role
• Experience should specifically include:
o Logic design using modern design methodologies
o Working knowledge and practical experience using VHDL and/or Verilog
o Familiarity with Synthesis and simulation tools
• Clearly demonstrable experience and success in coaching, mentoring and leading teams/projects of 3 or more team members, in a fast paced development environment
• Strong algorithmic experience and good understanding of graph theory and data structures
• Strong C/C++ development experience
Yrs of Exp: 9 to 13